Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 AM

I'm inclined to think that some, not all, of these are due to people "slap kicking" the bike, you know kicking it hard before the ratchet is engaged. Doesn't do the starter parts any good either. My biggest issue with the older starters was the lack of a sealed knuckle and faster wear.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I've had five Gassers 2010 and newer and never broken a lever either. Even if I did, I'd surely go for a YZ lever instead of trying to kick over that twisted piece on the 250/300 WRs.
Thats funny!! Funny how we adapt to things!! Good thing Husqvarna was to lazy to change the 250 engine for 20 years or so!!! I am so used to kicking that funky Kickstart lever that it does not bother me at all!! However when a small company like Gas Gas makes changes and trys to improve it product while Husky takes a nap on its 2-strokes. I Take notice. And for that reason I will ride and race a Gasser with pride next season!! I will say my buddy has a 300WR and yes that thing is for sure harder to light up then a 300 Gas Gas!! I am a kickstart only guy!! No extra 10 pounds or so for me and a push button. The Gasser is already a slight pig anyway. (At least on a scale!)