Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:08 PM

Well I just hope gasgas pulls through because I always need parts with how often I crash!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-21-2015, 06:10 PM

It's pretty obvious that there is tension and fear from loyal Gasgas owners and some are starting to really question how this will all turn out, with good reason really.

It's been a confusing year when it comes down to it. Adding quality dealers....awesome, great bike reviews.....excellent, singing Geoff Aaron.....great move.....strong WEC team.....nice move, good results in hard enduro.....great. But, all this positive, while at the same time huge negatives from the corporate side of things. It's hard to have complete confidence while when there are REAL issues going on with the future of the corporation.

I understand the frustration and feeling like we have a right to transparency as loyal customers, but reality is this is business. It certainly isn't the first time this has happened in the off road world and certainly won't be the last. Bottom line is this is business and we, the consumer, aren't going to be in the loop with the intricate workings of a corporation trying to wade through corporate issues. It's frustrating, but we're all going to have to just wait and see.

I'm not selling my Gasgas anytime soon and I'd probably pick up another one if the right opportunity was presented, but only after things settle and the future is more clear. Time will tell!

I sure hope though that things resolve in a positive direction. Such a great bike!
Old 05-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Also remember, this site is not for profit run 100% completely by Jeff (Webmaster) for us.

As a moderator here I am proud to say that the title is hardly even fitting. I don't think I have done much more than identify a spam post here or there that sneaks through the filters. I will however support Jeff when it comes to the moderation of threads/posts/posters - it's not something we particularly enjoy doing, and definitely not something that is done for kicks. There is generally some negotiation behind the scene's and the forum moderators come to a conclusion between ourselves on what is best for the forum as a whole (not for the moderators, not for the users, but for all of us - including the brand).

Even as a mod, I'm guilty of sharing my opinion when it's not necessarily in line with what is best for the brand - I like to call a spade a spade! But also, I try my best to keep those posts balanced with some positives as it achieves nothing to simply continue beating a dead horse in the hope that something changes. I ask that those who are as passionate about these bikes as I am also do the same thing and take a little time to consider where a thread may go, or try to specify the direction you want. The less work the moderators have to do the better!

The post above by firffighter sums it up perfectly, and the attached post by Jeff a few pages back gives about as much insight into the business negotiations as we end users are going to find out. I appreciate we get told what we do.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:53 PM
Banned

I started this thread because of what Mark had said in his post.
"(Rod and I have already seen the revisions)*"
Old 05-21-2015, 10:12 PM

Here is the official letter from GasGas(in Spanish).

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 05-22-2015, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto7man View Post
Here is the official letter from GasGas(in Spanish).

Translation?
Old 05-22-2015, 02:16 AM
Administrator

Look on gasgas motos sa Facebook page. Hitting translate gives us spanglish....

------------
Salt (Girona) 18 Maggio 2015
To All Importers And Dealers Gas Gas

Today, we have deposited in court documents for the insolvency of gas gas motos.

Unfortunately, all our efforts to find a solution which will allow the continuation of society until now have not been sufficient.

Are we sure that with this new scenario, the company will be able to attract new investors and continue to produce excellent products, continuing to drive the market of the trial, producing large motorcycle from enduro and offering a service that is always best to all our passionate about everything The world. The company has been surrounded by people who are passionate about, what they have done their best for the growth of society, in order to put the bikes in trade best.

In the next few days will announce the name of the trust that the court will appoint in order to ensure that society continues to provide assistance post-Sale (mainly spare parts), Until when will rise a permanent solution.

At that point, I would like to thank everyone and each and every one of you, all those who expect to find a lasting solution.

The New Potential Investors will find in the company large competent people and passionate, that they are working constantly to improve our motorcycle and many partners (like you) that strive to promote and market to better our bikes all over the world.

We do not have exhausted our efforts to find sufficient funds for the company, but the chances of finding a solution in the next few days is not very high.

It is very sad for us to take such a decision, given the 30 years of our great brand, but it is my duty, as president of the society, think about the good of the company and decide accordingly.

Yariv Gilat
President
Old 05-22-2015, 03:13 AM

That's prety (censored ) up

Last edited by gasgasman; 05-22-2015 at 06:43 AM. Reason: foul language
Old 05-22-2015, 03:55 AM

Well .. it's just see what the next step is..

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/en...for-bankruptcy
Old 05-22-2015, 06:16 AM

Angry

Well we will all get to see this play out that's for sure and its sad for the employees and us the consumers that management at some point in time made some bad decisions that put the company in this position.
I worked for a company that management made some poor decisions and they also filed for bankruptcy and they keep telling us no problem well until they also could not find extra money (investors) to settle debt so when it went to court with no investors it was put on the auction block and there are groups of big money people who wait for this stuff to happen so they can buy up and flip what they can to make money rather than investing in a failed company and having to acquire the previous debt.
In my companies case it was bought up and split up and it pretty much shook up the whole industry for quite a while but now its like it never happened meaning everybody's business that was effected by it initially is rolling right along unfortunately it does affect alot of good people as in my case they closed almost 1/2 of the branches and mine was one of them so after 29 years 6 months and at 50 years old I was job hunting but I was fortunate to walk out of one door straight into another albeit at a loss but i was still able to provide and still getting it almost 4 years later and will continue to.
I am worried about and feel your anxiety Rod and Mark and all the employees at the plant because i believe the economy in Spain is still in the toilet which it'll make it hard on them i'm sure to find future employment.
I also do understand all the posters wanting information on the future of the company and the outcome but its like the lottery right now you pick your numbers then wait to see if you won or wasted your money but you don't know the outcome and you never will know until its time so please go out and roost your asses off and keep all those affected in your thoughts.