Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 09-12-2022, 06:59 PM

Default 2019 XC250 Bendix

I know there are tons of starter/Bendix threads, I think I have read most of them but haven't seen this issue. First off, bike always starts first stab even when cold, I have accidentally started it many times just hooking up tie downs!

Recently the starter started just spinning and wasn't grabbing, I took everything apart and cleaned/lubed it and it worked perfect for a few rides. Now all of a sudden the Bendix just doesn't grab again even when you twist it in your hand. I have checked and the shaft isn't spinning in the housing and the pinion gear is solid on the shaft.

Any ideas? Just replace it? Does that Honda one work or is that just for the older bikes?

Thanks

Old 09-12-2022, 08:05 PM

The Honda one was for the early bikes. There was an aftermarket one for them as well, possibly S3 or similar. I will try and find it for you.

It was xui brand. They make some quality gear for the trials bikes which crosses over to the enduro. Rieju probably makes a superseded part as well.
Old 09-19-2022, 06:18 PM

Follow up, disassembled the Bendix as far as I could, there is definitely something broken inside. The shaft and the drive gear housing are fine. I have seen a few posts where the shaft welds breaks or some of the drive gears are chipped so if you have one like that let me know and I will buy it. Thanks, Bill