Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 09-27-2010, 01:41 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven
Default 2010 Handlebars

From day one on my ec300 I have felt that the handlebars are bent (right side feels further back than the left) I initially thought that my old bike had the bent bars and i was so used to them that the new bars felt different, but after a few months i still feel the same, so plan on getting some new ones. (unless someone knows any reason why they would be skew) does anyone know which pro-taper bends are the same as the original GG bars?

Old 09-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Have you checked the clamps. They are offset, so maybe they are not both the same way round. Just a thought.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:23 PM

At least an older EC:s there is some free play between lower clamp bolts and forkclamp holes. So maybe the handlebar clamps are not in quite straight line? Try to loose the lower handlebar clamp nuts little, twist the handlebar and see what's happening.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:42 PM

As being said it is possible to get the bars a little twisted so undo and re-tighten the bar clamps. Also check the fork clamps - the forks can twist in the clamps and give the effect you mention. Somewhere on here there is a description of how to make sure the forks are straight in the clamps.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
From day one on my ec300 I have felt that the handlebars are bent (right side feels further back than the left) I initially thought that my old bike had the bent bars and i was so used to them that the new bars felt different, but after a few months i still feel the same, so plan on getting some new ones. (unless someone knows any reason why they would be skew) does anyone know which pro-taper bends are the same as the original GG bars?
Hey swazi,would your left arm be slightly shorter?and would it be the same side you keep your wallet on?
Old 09-28-2010, 07:39 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
Hey swazi,would your left arm be slightly shorter?and would it be the same side you keep your wallet on?
that is the side of my wallet and i have noticed that when i am in a bike shop my fingers scrape the bottom of my pocket, but when paying the credit card bill i find that i cannot even reach my belt buckles ... might be on to something

will put equal amounts of cash in both pockets and see what happens on my next ride
Old 09-30-2010, 10:19 PM

surely someone has fitted aftermarket bars to their bike and can tell me what is a similar bend?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:52 PM

Chances are unless if they fitted aftermarket they wanted a different bend. It's quite hard to bend or break them.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:21 PM

I've bent two sets of stock hebo bars on my 06 300 ....
slight bend but bent none the less ....

I replaced them with a pro taper stock ktm/suzuki
I like the hebo bend better, the ktm zook bent is a bit flatter