Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-27-2020, 06:40 PM

Default The future of GG Riders Club

Hi To All,

I have been wondering about the future of gasgasrider.org since the take over by KTM.
It would be a terrible loss to loose the friends and the wealth of information this forum contains, for GG and Rieju riders.

Your thoughts?

Regards, Harry

Old 05-28-2020, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

Jeff has already said he's registered the domain name for Rieju! I think most discussion regarding the newly branded bikes should kind of have its own name. It'll be slow start but will grow.

Maybe all the pre KTM takeover could be merged across into its own subsection on the new domain.. maybe not?

I doubt many new red ktm owners will seek out a specific GG forum, when there is already a wealth of info on that platform everywhere.. and not to mention that forums in particular seem to be slowing down with the instant social media sites getting most of the market.
Old 05-28-2020, 02:08 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

One option could be to let both domains point to the same forum. I agree that owners of the 2021+, red KTM-based bikes hardly will seek information at the GG-specific forums in any case. But there will be new owners of secondhand GG bikes, and those owners may seek info on the net and find (as we all do) lots of knowledge among the loyal fans. It would be strange for them to seek info in a Rieju forum, as they may not be aware of the connection.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc