Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Unhappy World's biggest misconception.

"Gas Gas parts are hard to get"

Is that the world's biggest misconception or what?
It seems like I see this posted a lot on other web sites.

I have has Gas Gas' since 1998 and have never had ANY issues with parts.
When I owned an RMX, I could not even get jets at the dealer.

I can pick up the phone and have parts in two days.
High wear items like brake pads etc. can be found at any cycle supply shop.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

No doubt! I have never had any issues obtaining what I needed for my Gas Gas motorcycles through 4 seasons of racing and riding them.

The worlds second biggest misconception is that those parts are gonna cost them an arm and a leg, they may even want their first born for payment.

Not the case at all!

Prices for parts are very reasonable and usually come in under competitive brands prices, if not they are very comparable.

So don't let someone who assumes since its European its got to be expensive B. S. you into believing them, cause they don't know squat.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:26 PM

I was at a local shop last Friday night picking up some filter oil. The parts man asked me what I rode..I proudly stated a GasGas. The first thing out of his mouth was.....GasGas?????.where do you get parts, and I'm sure there hard to get!!! I replied, nope, just a phone call away, order on Monday, ride on Sunday. Over this past weekend a group of us were riding and there was 2 Gas'ers a EC300 and my 200. A couple of red bike riders came over and was looking at my "yellow suzuki".. and said that he'd never seen a Suzuki like that before...........gotttta love it

I have never had a problem getting parts through Smackover, GoFasters or RTT and I have had my Gas'er for 6 years now! The BEST BIKE I"VE EVER OWNED. Hands Down! Thanks Roostafish!!!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 11-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default Parts is Parts

Parts availability was one of my concerns. Before jumping in, I visited GoFasters in Ortonville, MN. Liked the bikes. Mark took me through his parts warehouse on my tour.

"Ignitions?"

"yep. Large or small?"

"Rod kit?"

"yep"

"Pistons?"

"yep"

"Crank?"

"yep"

They had everything i could think of. That sold me right there.

I am going through my bike in the next couple of weeks, and anticipate about a $500 order. Without a doubt, Mark will have all of that stuff in stock.

I wouldn't look anywhere else.

blitz
Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 PM

Those who make that statement have never owned a GG and most see the world through Orange colored glasses.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:18 PM

most of us have to many parts because gas gas doesn't break down very much
Old 11-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Kind of funny this was brought up. I owned a Husaberg before I bought my GG. I could have any part I wanted shipped to my door in 2 days max.
I bought a LTR chain guide holder, had it in 2 days.
Went down to my local Honda dealer to get the chain guide, 11 Days and had to make a second trip to get it.

I sure am glad I ride bikes that hard to get parts for.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:09 PM

It takes my local Kawasaki dealer 7-10 business days to get parts. I have never walked into his shop and walked out with a part the same day. Always had to order it, including a seat bolt and a TT pinch bolt, and wait a week or more for it to come in from California.

When I get the Gasser next summer, I look forward to better service.

Rick
Old 11-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Definately a big misconception. Although I have needed very few parts to repair my bike, when I did they were on my door in 2 days!
Old 11-21-2007, 02:32 PM

I agree with you all here. I have primarily owned TM or Husaberg (I've had a couple of other brands as well) since 1992. My experience has been that by going thru reputable volume dealers that mail order has yielded far superior parts supply rates (I get my parts next day, and don't even have to leave the house to order them) to any local mainstream brand. But, I have 35 years riding experience and know what I need to order and how to fix the problem. That being said, a potential buyer that is green to maintenance is very scared. In fairness to the "other more mainstream brands", it is much easier for the exotic companies to stock parts when the wheel bearings, pipe, seat cover, etc have been the same part number for 15 years.
The downside it that not many dealers want to take on a local dealership (for exotics) when everyone can mail order parts from someone else that is running on a low overhead.