Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:18 PM

Default Taskys Demo Day

On sunday Taskys Metric Cycle hosted a first rate demo day at an excellent local track. He had an 08 ec 300, several Husquvarnas, a TM 530 and a Honda based Christini to try. I opted not tro ride any of them as I have dreaming of a new bike lately and presently don't have the funds for one so why tempt myself. However, my new white plastic with the stock red shrouds did turn some heads so I guess the scrap yard can wait awhile for my 02. If you get the chance to attend in the future don't pass it up. Some pics can be found here http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=637641 Perhaps next year I will have the funds to tempt myself!

Paul B

TM Enduro- My pack of riding friends has declared your truck to be perhaps the coolest dirtbike rig ever( My vote has always been for a cherry El Camino, but your rig is a close second) About a year ago we rode together at Walker would love to hook up again sometime.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
On sunday Taskys Metric Cycle hosted a first rate demo day at an excellent local track. He had an 08 ec 300, several Husquvarnas, a TM 530 and a Honda based Christini to try. I opted not tro ride any of them as I have dreaming of a new bike lately and presently don't have the funds for one so why tempt myself. However, my new white plastic with the stock red shrouds did turn some heads so I guess the scrap yard can wait awhile for my 02. If you get the chance to attend in the future don't pass it up. Some pics can be found here http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=637641 Perhaps next year I will have the funds to tempt myself!

Paul B

TM Enduro- My pack of riding friends has declared your truck to be perhaps the coolest dirtbike rig ever( My vote has always been for a cherry El Camino, but your rig is a close second) About a year ago we rode together at Walker would love to hook up again sometime.
Thanks, it is very functional, fact is it still has the HPDE slides on it for hauling snowmobiles (my Polaris is also fire engine red). The red Gasser sure would look good in back. What are you riding, an '02 ec250?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:52 PM

Yes an 02 250/300 with white fenders and side pannels and Ohlins front and rear. Speaking of HPDE, I just strapped some to the bottom of my Hyde combo to bolster frame rail protection. Jr's place didn't have any obvious things to bash my way over but I am sure I can find something at Reiter or Walker soon to test it out on.

Paul B
Old 04-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Seen a few pics on the northwest forum of Thumper Talk someone posted. Not 1 shot of a Gas Gas. I was a bit disappointed.

The track looked fun, wish I could have attended. Hopefully next time.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
TM Enduro- My pack of riding friends has declared your truck to be perhaps the coolest dirtbike rig ever( My vote has always been for a cherry El Camino, but your rig is a close second) .

wtf!!
Don't leave us hanging!!
What is it??
You can't make a post like that with out posting pics to back it up!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:54 PM

Funny, I can't seem to find a full picture of the truck, but here is the backhalf (the flatbed) with a snowmobile on it. The sideboards fold down, it has built in tool boxes, and the ramp hides in the bed. It is a Ford F-350 crewcab 4x4 diesel with vinyl seats and rubber floors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0521-small.JPG (58.1 KB, 37 views)
Old 04-28-2008, 10:58 PM

Nice pics. May we see a pic of your Gaser? I am thinking what colour i should paint my frame and what plastics i should use.
Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I didn't ride the gasgas 300 because I had already ridden Roscoe's 08 and thought it felt really really good. I talked to Jeff Tasky at the end of the day - he said the gasgas 300 had the most interest and the most use during the day. Everyone who rode it fell in love with the motor;

GasGas is very lucky to have Jeff Tasky and crew promoting gasgas in the Northwest U.S. for them. What a great day!

jeff

p.s. I was there with Les (LT-Racing) - he couldn't ride due to a couple of broken ribs. I rode the tm and did some tuning on my own new bike...

Last edited by jeffd; 04-29-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:13 PM

Maybe next year we should have an "internet forums sign in area". I would like to meet some of the other internet folks. You'd be surprised at how many folks I get PMs from that saw me riding or remember me from racing, but never say "hi" in person. Maybe I need to get a TM again, or change my nic (hmmmm, what kind of nic is appropriate for a guy with a GasGas that eats, sleeps, and breaths ISDE?? ).
Old 04-30-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm_enduro View Post
hmmmm, what kind of nic is appropriate for a guy with a GasGas that eats, sleeps, and breaths ISDE??
I already took it....