Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:05 AM

Default EC 250 engine mods

Considering "a full compliment" of engine/carb mods offered by RB Designs. I'm looking for feedback from those who have used this service. What do you think of quality of service? quality of work? Are some some mods better than others? Other thoughts or input? There is nothing really wrong with my motor at the present, just looking to refresh a good thing that is "a little tired".

Old 04-02-2009, 07:13 AM

You won't be sorry. Ron has this stuff dialed in. Proffesssional work and fast turn around times. I had the head mod done and it was well worth it imo. I haven't had the carb mod done because I don't want/need more power but those who have rave about it.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 04-02-2009, 07:37 AM

The head mod is definately worth it especially if your going into the top end anyway. I have not done the carb mod on my '07, only because it was easy to jet, happens to run perfect as is and is quite fast. On my '03 that was slightly more quirky about jetting I would have done it in a heartbeat.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:57 AM

i really want the carb mod but im in the UK! does anyone have an email address for RB ? amybe i could ship my carb over! thanks

Boyesen Pro Series Reeds, Messico & Modified FMF TC II, Black Powdercoated Wheels & Hubs, Red Renthal Fatbars, Polisport Handguards, 4 POT Brembo Front Brake W/ Floating Rotor

Want:
Doma,Messico Or 06 GG Front Pipe, RB Carb & Head Mod, DE250, XC250 Or EC200 CDI
(If you have any of these parts PM me!)
Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 AM

go to the main page, he is a sponsor and his link is there. I'm having problems copying the link here.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 04-02-2009, 10:04 AM

I'm very happy with the performance of my bike after having Ron modify both the carb and the head. Honestly, when I bought the bike, it wasn't jetted for my altitude and I didn't want to fuss with jetting.
My bike pulls clean through the rev range which is mostly what I was after. Ron also cut the head to give me a bump in compression which helps living at over 4000 feet.
Last weekends race had some high speed fire roads and the bike performed well there also.
I have yet to optimize the air screw adjustment but that is next.
'09 GG 280 TXT (to learn on)
'02 BMW R1150RT (for racking up the miles)
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough
Old 04-02-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser250sm View Post
i really want the carb mod but im in the UK! does anyone have an email address for RB ? amybe i could ship my carb over! thanks

Yes, it's a bad mod if your in the U.K. Why cant we get an RB agent?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:39 PM

You could just add some fire to the combustion with the MC250(MX) CDI. The p/b isn't altered, but it is amplified. There'd be more available on both ends of the rpm range as well.

Personally, I found on trail tuned bikes, this trumps a lot of tinkering($/time) about.
That being said. Head mods are the best $ spent and it's the right thing to do.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:55 PM

Thanks for all the replys......however! RB designs cannot do head mods on off centered plug type heads. The bike I'm wanting to do is a 98 EC250. Anyone have experience with others?
Old 04-09-2009, 01:52 AM

Since there's nothing wrong with your bike, simply dial in better head squishband gap via a thinner base gasket set next rebuild. This will deliver a good portion of the boost and efficiency of head work.

SLP offers easy to install $45 carb wings. Improves the low speed jetting and adds hard acceleration if the reed block area is not so efficient.
http://www.slp.cc/catalog.cfm?pageID...&productID=644

Again, you'll have a whole new feel to your tired old bike with a hotter CDI.