Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Default 2010/2011 Bash plate

Anyone recommend me one? I ran a Force accessories previously but after its fair share of banging and clanging and a little incident with it dropping its front bolt it now resembles a dish so its time to replace or upgrade.

I was never really stoked with the fitment of the force and was always modifying and spacing it out to stop it vibrating against the frame. As it is the bottom of the rails have peeled all their paint off, but you get that when you clock up the kms.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:36 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I have used the Hyde skid plate and apart from the initial setup (drain hole does not quite line up) the fit is pretty good and protection and rock sliding is good (roof of Africa tested)

I am about to test the AXP skid plate - initial thought are that coverage is similar, figment seems better and superior quality, but there have been reports of the plastic welds not being very good

Lastly TM Designworks have an awesome looking one for the 12+ but no one has been able. To tell me if it is an easy mod to put it on the 10s and I know of KTM guys who love their scorpion/emperor Ali ones, but I prefer plastic as it rattles silently and slides over rocks nicely
Old 09-17-2013, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

Still got the P3 pipe guard so just after bashy protection. Plastic would work for me, as long as it still offers some protection around the water pump and flywheel cover. No rattles sounds good.. Just finished smearing rtv red everywhere trying to silence the pipe. Silly me went with some standard o-rings on the pipe last time.. in standard fashion they lasted all of 2 rides! PS Matt! Did you have a part number for the copper washer you use between the pipe and spigot? I think this is where mine rattles most.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:30 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I also have the p3 with Hyde skid plate (not the plate and exhaust combo) and water pump cover is good, (I added a rubber bumper between skid and pump for a bit more protection) but why don't you be the guineapig with the TM D?

The copper washer seems a bit thin, not sure how effective it is but here are the details
Copper washer
Honda cr250 2005
42x47,5
part 18309-kz3-600
My most effective change was to fit the lower rubber mount from KTM and spending time bending and lining up the exhaust connection with the cylinder
Old 09-17-2013, 03:15 AM

see the end of this thread http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15772 looks like tht TM will work
Old 09-17-2013, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

Cheers Matt!