Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:33 AM

Default Steering Stops on powdercoated frames...

Converting my 2001 xc300 frame from nickel plated to powdercoated, I notice my steering stops are going to quickly chew a hole in my powdercoating. The metal on metal was not a big deal on the plated frame, but now I wonder...

Is there any kind of bumper or soft something there on the new bikes? Is it metal on metal?

Maybe I could substitute a nylon bolt for the stop.

Hmmmmm...

Old 05-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogroove View Post
Maybe I could substitute a nylon bolt for the stop.
If it's to late to tig a nut on the frame so it can run a stainless bolt. Then a nylon bolt would be my next choice.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 02-26-2012, 04:51 PM

What did you do with this, Dean?
I find myself in the same predicament. Find any cool hardware solutions for us?

Tim H
Old 02-26-2012, 04:59 PM

Tim, I would give this a try

Plasti Dip Synthetic Rubber Coating
DIY Synthetic Rubber Coating

Plasti Dip is a multi-purpose, air dry, specialty rubber coating. It can be easily applied by dipping, brushing, or spraying. Plasti Dip protective coating is ideal for a broad array of do-it-yourself projects around the home, garage, garden, and elsewhere. It protects coated items against moisture, acids, abrasion, corrosion, and skidding/slipping, and provides a comfortable, controlled grip. Plasti Dip remains flexible and stretchy over time, and will not crack or become brittle in extreme weather conditions. It has been tested and proven in temperatures from -30?F to 200?F.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:00 PM

My '07 has small plastic inserts in the cap screw heads for this purpose. I'm sure you could find something in Mcmaster for that. We do a lot with precision stainless tubing where I work. Its shipped with protective plastic caps of all sizes, and there are many of these laying around. If I can find something that will work I'll send them to you.