Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:30 PM

Default 2006 EC300 Pipe/Silencer question

Hi all,

My bike has just over 7,000km on it, and the pipe is starting to look a little rusty. There are no holes in it, so I was thinking about either having it replated, or getting a whole new pipe/silencer combo.

I was thinking about the FMF Q stealth, but after contacting FMF, they said they only make them for 2007 and after for the EC300. Is the 2006 setup that much different from 2007 and later? If so, what are my options that will keep it quiet, and focus on low end - I'm a short shifting woods rider, so top end means nothing to me.

If I decide to have the pipe replated, does anyone know of a shop they would recommend in Ontario that could do it properly? I had been looking at a Service Honda KX500 here:

http://www.servicehonda.com/kx500af.html

and like the gold pipe. Anyone know if that is a durable finish for a pipe, or should I just go nickle?

-d