Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 10-10-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Bottom Shock Mount

Mine keeps coming loose. I am afraid to really torque it down tight because it is aluminum but I am sure it is getting at least 20ft/lbs or so. I can never seem to get it tight enough to eliminate all the slop. Any one have a good procedure or even a reasonable torque spec for it? The bearings and bushing are in fine shape. Any thoughts?

Paul B

Old 10-10-2007, 11:47 AM

25Nm, or 18ft/lbs. Never a problem on four different GGs. Do you have both cup washers and good o-rings in place?
Old 10-10-2007, 12:18 PM

Washers and O-rings in place and in good shape. The bike came to me without the washers but they are in place now. Just to be sure the cupped sides of the washers are to face eachother holding the o-rings in place, correct? How about a little loctite on the bolt, or would that not be a good idea because of thew Aluminum? Thanks for the response.

Paul B
Old 10-10-2007, 04:35 PM

Paul,

Yes, the concave side goes in. There should be a slight compression fit of the assembly into the shock clevis, I usually have to tap it in line with a small plastic hammer. Blue Loctite is fine. Strange though, never saw that happen. Maybe the threads in the clevis are sloppy or stretched, I know they are prone to stripping. There is an insert kit you can get from Ohlins USA if this is the case.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:41 PM

After meesing with it for some time last night I think I may be mistaking a little click noise coming from the shock as play in the lower mount. I checked my freehand torque value against a torque wrenc and it was not tight enough, which explains why it was coming loose. However even when tightened up properly there is a definate click/clunk coming from the shock area. There is 0 play in the whole system when the bike is up on a stand, but once I put it on the ground and bounce it up and down I get the clunk/click type noise. The shock seems to be working fine no leaks, excellent performance. It was last apart at LTR about 15 monthes ago. Any ideas? Does this sound resonable that the shock itself would be making the noise?

Paul B

Thanks for the responses, I am sure my bike would barely run without the info I get off the Internet.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:17 PM

With the bike on the stand, grabbing the swingarm you can feel a very small amount of play, thats normal, its all the bearing clearances adding up. Once its under load all the play is taken up and it should not make noise. I'd check all your bearings/bushings again. They can make that kind of noise when they start to seize. Also check the swingarm pivot torque (80Nm), and the rocker bracket to frame bolts.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:13 PM

Glen, I will check all the linkage torques then go through the linkage again there was one bushing that was a little suspect last time I put it all together.

Paul B