Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 04-16-2013, 06:05 PM

Default throttle sticking, not cable ?

The rpms stick and sometimes climb when the throttle is shut off, i'm pretty sure its not the cable or anything to obvious. The strange thing is if you tap the killswitch it kills of the extra rpm's and returns to normal until you open the throttle again. Sound familiar to anyone, anything I should look for first perhaps ?

Old 04-16-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeymatt View Post
The rpms stick and sometimes climb when the throttle is shut off, i'm pretty sure its not the cable or anything to obvious. The strange thing is if you tap the killswitch it kills of the extra rpm's and returns to normal until you open the throttle again. Sound familiar to anyone, anything I should look for first perhaps ?
I just got a used Gas Gas FSE 450. It did that same thing to me once. My bike when I got it had around 410 miles and it is a 2003. It wasn't the cable just like yours. As fast as it happened, it stopped. I have 950 miles on it now, and it has never happened again. That was about 400 miles ago.

Maybe the throttle is sticking at the fuel injection area, like the area that the carb would be?

It sometimes just shuts off for no apparent reason. Acts like the gas is shut off. It then fires right up after I pull off. It is getting less frequent now that I have put time on it, but I don't know what is up with it.

I still like the bike as a road/trail bike.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 PM

interesting, so does yours start of the button ok ?
I have to start mine of a car battery lol
Yeah mine cuts out now and again, almost like it louses spark perhaps....
Old 04-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default trhottle sticking

Sounds to me like your bike is running lean, check for an air leak. Try richening up your fuel screw and see what happens- then go lean and see how it affects it. Also spray some penetrating oil{or similar} around your intake area to see if the rpm changes.

Also do you have enough cable freeplay?

Last edited by adv rider; 04-17-2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: additional info/?'s
Old 04-17-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv rider View Post
Sounds to me like your bike is running lean, check for an air leak. Try richening up your fuel screw and see what happens- then go lean and see how it affects it. Also spray some penetrating oil{or similar} around your intake area to see if the rpm changes.

Also do you have enough cable freeplay?
Does FI have a mix screw ? I'll check for leaks anyhows cheers for the advice
Old 04-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I have had very fine sugar sand get sucked up though the vent lines and stick the slide... wash everything out well. what is the other trick, start it up, spray carb cleaner around the airbox and boots, should change idle if you have an air leak.
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgranger View Post
I have had very fine sugar sand get sucked up though the vent lines and stick the slide... wash everything out well. what is the other trick, start it up, spray carb cleaner around the airbox and boots, should change idle if you have an air leak.
Thanks.

No I don't think it is an air leak. The guy I bought it off of had a bunch of particles in the injectors or something. Had to wait another week to get it, as I told him I wasn't buying if it didn't run. He got it to run

Might be what it is then. Most of it probably has moved on through, but I want to check this out.

I can't figure out how to take those gas lines out or off so I can fully remove the tank and clean it. I tried the first week I brought it home, about 2 months ago, but gave up on those pesky clips.

Oh and yes, my bike starts right up. The original owner bought a new battery. Don't know if it is the same size or not, but man, it will crank for 15 minutes. How do I know this? The next day after I brought it home I could not start it (that is when I wanted to take the tank off and clean it) I called the owner, and he told me to hit the red button a couple of times and it will start. IT DID!!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:57 PM

I'll post the size of the battery tomorrow or the next day.......
Old 04-17-2013, 09:01 PM

The more I ride this bike, the more I like it! It isn't one of my YZ's, but it still is sweet to ride. I wish there was more info on the bike for sure.....

Did I mention that it is ROAD LEGAL???!!! My Yz's can't do that!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderandyzer View Post
I'll post the size of the battery tomorrow or the next day.......
That would be helpful fella