Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 08-08-2017, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbotte View Post
well install jd jetting
2-3 th gear 1/4 throttle noting heavy
450 ft elevation
blue needlle-- second clip
175 jet (i dont have 172 on my kit as i have (165--170--175--180)
40 jet
i did 60 klm (37 mile) before reserve ,,then 72.5 empty (45 mile)
tank hold aprox 8.2to 8.7 littre (2.2 us gallon)
Its like 23 mpg i am getting now,, not the greatest but better than when i started that journey (14-15mpg)

going to pull plug and post picture as i am no expert and you guy can tell me if i should go 180 or 170 to get better millage as it seem to be again way too rich
thanks
updated ,,I went with a 38 main and now I do close to 68-70 klm before hitting reserve ,, so aprox 26-27 mpg very happy ,,now if I can fix that stupid reckluse clutch it will be perfect ,, as it slip most of time and adjusting with a christini is a pain in a @!#@! as you have to remove the chain cover all the time.. cheer

Old 08-10-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
updated ,,I went with a 38 main and now I do close to 68-70 klm before hitting reserve ,, so aprox 26-27 mpg very happy ,,now if I can fix that stupid reckluse clutch it will be perfect ,, as it slip most of time and adjusting with a christini is a pain in a @!#@! as you have to remove the chain cover all the time.. cheer

Are you talking about the AWD Clutch of the Rekluse ? I had to change oils with the Rekluse - anything with synthetic was slipping. I use Rotella T diesel oil - which you can get at any autozone - make sure to clean your cluthes and steels, lightly coat them with the Rotella oil. Shell Rotella T Triple Protection 15W-40 Heavy Duty Motor Oil (1 Gallon)

Make sure your freeplay is correct - which is critical.

Lenny
Old 08-10-2017, 08:31 PM

i ride today and was desapointed again ..that recluse clutch is driving me nut it make grounding noise when slipping so i had to ride in 1 first most time as the second or third was grinding and slip ... i change the oil every 2 ride tonight i look at my plate and some look burn ,,, i used the rotella t4 ,,, i try over and over to adjust the flee play and it does not matter witch way i go it seem to slip ... i send email to recluse and their respond are far from fast and conclusive ,,, 2 week ago they said to get a new basket and friction plate ,,, ( in order now ) and today they said to change the spring ... so if the spring is working that mean i spend 3- 400 $ on basket and plate that i might not need ,,, and as for the awd i need to adjust the clutch too as today as soon as i hit a sticky mud hole ,, or climp hill it would only work when it want to ... i want that bike to work as it suppose to as so far its 1 problem after another ...
cheer
Old 08-29-2017, 11:12 AM

Default Any updates

barbotte - any updates ?
Old 08-29-2017, 08:45 PM

well the fuel situation seem not too bad ,,work hard and i hit reserve at 60 klm empty tank at 79 klm (like walking empty lol) for a 8.5 litre tank its like 25-26 mpg as for the clutch ,,, i had to ditch another $600 US for basket ,, friction plate heavier spring, so very expensive recluse clutch.. waiting for part to show up and i hope it will be fix ..ho and also Steve is sending for free a new front awd kit (swag spring ) as it does not work ,,,so far i am not impress on this bike but service is good but so much maintenance it is unbelievable ...
cheer
Old 09-19-2017, 02:46 PM

Default Worked out

Barbotte - I second that - Customer Support at Christini has been excellent. I finally have everything worked out.

My rekluse will slip if it's not in the correct gear - as in 4th when I should be in 2nd.

I have to say the AWD saved me 2 weeks ago going up a steep mud covered rock infested hill climb that 290+ riders when up making a mess of things. I put my foot down in the wrong spot where I caught nothing but air . Tipping over on the hill - I just climbed back on and let the AWD drag my butt up the slimy rocks - and making sure to HANG ON !!

I have been running without the remote choke - even where it's a pain to pull it up and push it down - but once running I haven't had to use the choke all day.

I added a rear tank - just a Gallon rotopax - it helps with a piece of mind. I can make it to about the same mileage as you, even rolled into a gas station completely empty at 52 miles. The bike took 2 gallons of gas. They are working on 2 larger tanks.

Lenny
Old 09-19-2017, 04:08 PM

well i cannot wait to have my bike back this week as i decide to send it away to the christini dealer i have here (3 hours away ) and i am glad i did as there was a lot wrong with the front drive beside the 2 sprag spring
chain guide Tensioner Block DS-05.
Front Axle. It was badly gouged in several locations that would line up with the drive area.

2 x Drive Carriers. FG-03. These are badly ramped from the drive system slipping.
2 x Lower Pinion Bearings. CB-7001. Water and rust failure.
4 x Top Pinion Bearings CB-6901. Same, water and rust damage.
2 x Pinion Shaft Seals. CS-17256. Assume worn and tired. Packed with dirt and letting water down to drop outs.
1 x Set of Front Brake Pads.
1 x Set of Rear Brake Pads

i should have it back in time for Canada hardest enduro race this week end ..i hope it finally perform the way it is suppose too (never did yet)
.. crossing my finger
and good new on the fuel tank i hope its coming soon as carrying 2 litter of fuel in my back pack get annoying
cheer
Old 09-20-2017, 06:41 AM

Quote:
well i cannot wait to have my bike back this week as i decide to send it away to the christini dealer i have here (3 hours away ) and i am glad i did as there was a lot wrong with the front drive beside the 2 sprag spring
chain guide Tensioner Block DS-05.
Front Axle. It was badly gouged in several locations that would line up with the drive area.

2 x Drive Carriers. FG-03. These are badly ramped from the drive system slipping.
2 x Lower Pinion Bearings. CB-7001. Water and rust failure.
4 x Top Pinion Bearings CB-6901. Same, water and rust damage.
2 x Pinion Shaft Seals. CS-17256. Assume worn and tired. Packed with dirt and letting water down to drop outs.
1 x Set of Front Brake Pads.
1 x Set of Rear Brake Pads

i should have it back in time for Canada hardest enduro race this week end ..i hope it finally perform the way it is suppose too (never did yet)
.. crossing my finger
and good new on the fuel tank i hope its coming soon as carrying 2 litter of fuel in my back pack get annoying
cheer
Sounds like someone went wild with the pressure washer, didn't dry everything out, and repack everything with the right grease.

Break pads are a Normal change out usually needs to be done at least once a season depending on your riding style.

You'll be able to not worry about anything. HEY !! Make sure they repack all the swing arm bearings and steering head. The swing arm is the number 1 spot for pressure washers to damage.

Lenny
Old 09-26-2017, 08:43 AM

well the ride was very hard (2 day 150 klm each day of hard enduro ) but ho ley crap did that awd work like a charm .it save me so many time its unbelievable.the problem was that they hole front drive was broken and piece and needed to be replace and thank to Steve all part were cover under warranty but labor was expensive.. now this bike perform the way it should had been since day 1 and hope it stay like that ,,i still only do 65-75 klm to empty tank but i can live with that ..i dont thing its worth to go with a smart carb to gain only 5- 10 klm more

now does anyone know what seat i can get with it as my ass is on fire and i need to get better cushion seat
cheer
Old 10-03-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
well the ride was very hard (2 day 150 klm each day of hard enduro ) but ho ley crap did that awd work like a charm .it save me so many time its unbelievable.the problem was that they hole front drive was broken and piece and needed to be replace and thank to Steve all part were cover under warranty but labor was expensive.. now this bike perform the way it should had been since day 1 and hope it stay like that ,,i still only do 65-75 klm to empty tank but i can live with that ..i dont thing its worth to go with a smart carb to gain only 5- 10 klm more

now does anyone know what seat i can get with it as my ass is on fire and i need to get better cushion seat
cheer
I have a seats concepts on the Christini - but it's No where close to being as comfortable as my GUTS seat on my WR450. I have a GUTS Comfort seat, it's absolutely awesome ! I believe this is the one for the Christini - http://www.gutsracing.com/CRF450X_CO..._p/ckcr381.htm

Lenny