Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:11 PM

Default loose front wheel

Hi I have an 06 ec200 the front wheel had play in it so I bought new bearings and spacers as I was told by the original owner on here that the spacers were bad DId not fix it so I bought a new set of excel wheels complete with new bearings spacers ect.. still not fixed can anyone please help me I have a race coming up soon and I'm out of ideas I also found a thread on here with the same problem with no final answer although I did go back and tighten it how it was said to could it be the axle thanks for everyone time

Old 05-05-2015, 12:00 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The axle nut is likely bottoming in the axle making it impossible to get proper tension on the inner races of the bearings. Either the axle have been tampered with, perhaps to accomodade a different brand of wheel, or the left lower leg axle mount is modified. The normal gap between axle and axle nut face is normally only a few millimeters. Remove the nut and check that axle is not going all the way through the lower leg axle hole. Post some pictures.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:01 AM

Default loose front wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergerhag View Post
The axle nut is likely bottoming in the axle making it impossible to get proper tension on the inner races of the bearings. Either the axle have been tampered with, perhaps to accomodade a different brand of wheel, or the left lower leg axle mount is modified. The normal gap between axle and axle nut face is normally only a few millimeters. Remove the nut and check that axle is not going all the way through the lower leg axle hole. Post some pictures.
Thanks I will check and post some pictures as soon as I get up(I work midnight) thanks again
Old 05-05-2015, 12:40 PM

If the axle assembly draws up correctly as mentioned above, have a close look at how your right fork leg clamps on the axle. I had to weld my axle and then machine it to size so the fit was correct. The original dimension allowed the clamp slot to close up and it barely gripped the axle.