Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 02-10-2009, 02:36 PM

Jeff,

The whole point of the Hyde being a unified skid plate/pipe guard is the rigidity in the pipe guard now being mounted to the frame. Frontal impact and kink protection are unsurpassed except probably by the Whipps type guards. If its the plastic that bugs you, it would not be hard to address with an aluminum plate mounted on the inside of the plastic, or as I plan on trying, tubing (pipe) sections cut to fit over the frame member sections.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

We ride a sh-- load of rock and with plenty of fallen logs hear in Id. Is some protection between the frame and Hyde guard needed for bashing over rocks and logs ??? The CRD guards get bent and loosen up almost every ride. Kind of a pain, the mounting is lame and i think the plate is too thin as well, distorts to easily. I think i'll give the Hyda a go.
Curtis
Old 02-13-2009, 07:23 PM

cv,

Your experience with the CRD mirrors mine exactly. Thin and weak with junk mounts. The Meccasystem looks like a really nice alloy plate but does not solve the pipe guard problem.

I suppose its possible to ding the frame through the plastic plate if you case out really hard on a rock, but I have never done it and I ride really gnarly stuff. You can bend anything if you hit hard enough. I hope to get working on my bike soon, once I'm cleared by the doc to pull on wrenches. I'll post some pics of the delrin pipe sections added to the frame rails. I don't think its a neccessity though and I'd certainly get the Hyde.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I suppose its possible to ding the frame through the plastic plate if you case out really hard on a rock,
My small outside frame rails are both bent upwards,but then again my footpegs are both bent as well,we put the skidplate through quite a beating around here,and just the outside edges towards the footpeg area is hammered,I should snap some pics to show the damage,however the CRD would last one ride before it would loosen up and then hinge forward creating a dangerous situation
Old 02-14-2009, 12:06 PM

I love my Hyde combo. I made a front mount out of alum. bar that spans the frame tubes and pulls the plate as tight as you want to the bike. For the rear mounts I have a washer on the shifter side and an small alum. plate on the brake side. As long as the unit is firmly mounted it provides great protection to the pipe and underside of the bike. I did howeve beef up the bottom with a piece of HDPE(cutting board) bolted to the bottom as an extra glide piece after putting a dent in one of the frame rails. I'll post some pics of the mounts and I need to get some pice or video of the GG sliding over some logs. It seems to go over them much easier than most of the KTMs I ride with.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Does anyone have pics of the P3 Pipe guard mounted?
I had the E line guard given to me with the bike and the fit is OK but not perfect. The end sticks out quite a bit near the sticker. Hard to tell from the pictures.
Wondering if the P3 is any better?

07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 02-09-2010, 10:28 AM

If you're wanting to install it on the 2010 300 you have it's probably a no go.

You are in Canada and it looks like the the pipe you have there is an OEM GG pipe (we get FMF pipes here in the states on the new bikes). GG changed the design of their header section to improve ground clearance on the OEM GG pipe for 08 to current. The P3 guard is designed to fit up through 07. I supplied him my pipe to make the guard and have no idea how it would fit your pipe if at all. He followed my design sketch on the pipe almost exactly and covers far more than the e-line guard. Impressive piece.

I can snap some pics of the 07 OEM GG pipe with the P3 guard installed and the US supplied models FMF pipe with the P3 guard as well if you want since I have both.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Thx... Love to see some pics.
I've been in touch with Eric on other matters. He's a very busy guy and I think he would need a larger clientele before he would make a guard for current models. But I guess it's worth a call.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 PM

So whats the verdict guys? I'm thinking about getting one for my 06 which has the gas gas stamped pipe. I already have a hyde skid plate, The combo plate looks a little ridiculous, so I am leaning away from that. Does this thing provide some protection, say from a drop in some rocks?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:19 AM

My two cents:

-Substantially thicker than the E-Line one.
-It mounted without a problem, '06 EC300.
-A few standing falls directly on the guard over big rocks and a few more going over logs without any damage, small scuff.

The only issue that I had was getting it, it took a couple of weeks longer than expected but Eric from P3 always returned my e-mails.

I will buy another one for the next Gasser that I get.