Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:01 AM

Default 200 ec 2006 jetting(no expert at all)

hello everybody

I own a clean 200 ec 2006 (approx 700 miles)

I live in france(europe ) and my gas is stock
here are the settings
slow jet : 52
main jet : 185
needle : NBHW 3#
slide : 5
screw : 2,25 t
spark plug : black

where I live is at sea level

my gas is not very effective at low revs (may be it is normal !?)

I ordered 175 and 180 main jet, 48 slow jet; do you think it could be correct values to start

Old 06-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Banned

I can't comment on the 200 , as I have no experiance but I can tell you that your jetting would be very rich ,even for my 300cc and I have not heard of the needle you are running. I as well am curios to see what other 200 guys are running and what the story on the needle is? You might want to i.m. speedymaniac to see what he's running

Last edited by widebear; 06-02-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:18 AM

thank you for your answer

I tried my new jets
slow jet : 48 the air screw is now at 1,5 turn, it seems a correct value(?)
main jet : 180 my spark plug is brown/black I will try the 175

I visited the keihin website but could not find any correspondence between
NBHW and keihin values !?
Old 06-04-2007, 07:31 AM
Banned

Its good that you are checking your plug condition, Just to give you an idea yesterday I replaced the 170 main in my 300 with a 165, elevation 1000 metres @35. celcius
Old 06-04-2007, 09:29 AM

First things first never change more than one thing at a time when fine tuning the jetting because you will not be able to tell what has done what. It sounds as though your issue is in the low end of the throttle which would be your pilot and needle. Now I would get that cleaned up first and then tackle your main. Your 45 pilot is a good place to start but your needle will probably be too rich to feel the difference. If you notice it is a little cleaner but still bogs try moving the clip up on the needle to lean it out a little. You will not find any information on the Keihken site due to GASGAS and others using their own jet descriptions. Another option would be to base line it with one of those fancy dancy jetting kits. LTR needles are very nice although I'm not sure how well they would work on a 2006.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebear View Post
Its good that you are checking your plug condition, Just to give you an idea yesterday I replaced the 170 main in my 300 with a 165, elevation 1000 metres @35. celcius
small jet but high temperature !!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshP View Post
First things first never change more than one thing at a time when fine tuning the jetting because you will not be able to tell what has done what. It sounds as though your issue is in the low end of the throttle which would be your pilot and needle. Now I would get that cleaned up first and then tackle your main. Your 45 pilot is a good place to start but your needle will probably be too rich to feel the difference. If you notice it is a little cleaner but still bogs try moving the clip up on the needle to lean it out a little. You will not find any information on the Keihken site due to GASGAS and others using their own jet descriptions. Another option would be to base line it with one of those fancy dancy jetting kits. LTR needles are very nice although I'm not sure how well they would work on a 2006.
thank you for your wise advice and help, next time I will try to change the needle settings only
some LTR products are sold in my country but I am not sure about jetting kits
Old 06-04-2007, 01:24 PM

Not a problem. You don't need to go LTR or with a jetting kit.
It's just really easy that way. Since this is a new bike just head to your GASGAS dealer or call the folks at www.GoFasters.com (Minn but will ship anywhere) and find out what the stock needle is for a 2006 EC200 from there you have your base line on your needle. I had a the very same issue on my bike and it turned out to be my needle, basically 1/8 to 1/4 throttle was very bogged and had no power above and right below were fine though. If she pulls go on the 1/2 throttle and WOT than your problem is most likely in the pilot and needle. I have a 250 my current setting are
Pilot:35
Needle: LTR 0 2nd clip from top ( this needle was about 2 sizes smaller than the stock)
Main: 172
Don't start at this point though because every bike is a little different so always error on the rich side of things, since it's better than blowing up your engine.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:44 PM

NBHW is the OEM needle on the 200. According to the specs I have your stock except for the pilot, which is listed at a #45.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:22 PM

thanks for your answers

I will try a 45 pilot and check the air screw setting with it .
I read that correct(safe) air screw setting was between 1 and 2 turns (?)

I am not skilled enough to change(choose) my needle, I will try 2nd clip and find out the result !

for me jetting is like experimentation I just do not want to make hazardous testing