Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:21 PM

Also try a non-resistor plug, the bikes run fine with them. Check the HV coil and cap connections. I never fouled a plug on a GG, and only change it once or twice a season.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:44 AM

Hi!

Checked the OEM Denso plug and it was quite black with some deposits on the top of the "anchor" (I don't remember the word..). Changed the plug to an NGK B8EG (has much smaller electrode than the Denso), put a 178 jet (one size smaller..) and adjusted the air screw to 2 turns out (it was at 2,5). Needle has been at the 2nd position. Bike runs even better and the WOT stumble is almost gone. Not 100% gone but close. Maybe it needs a bit more time to clear out. The filter needs a bit cleaning too... it's the next thing to fix.

Very soon I will change the silencer packing because the bike has been running rich for 2 months (for three rides I had the needle at 3rd pos and 185 jet... it was awful. The stumble was even at mid range rpms)... Maybe this helps too? What I like now is that even after minutes in tight woods the bike stays responsive and ready to rock whenever I open the throttle.

Thank you all for the help!!

Leon
Old 03-22-2007, 10:00 PM

leon: it sounds like your in a cold area. make sure that the fuel you pick,is not a winter fuel,as they oxyegenate them and also add methanol to the fuels up here in canada EH,to help with cold start/freeze ups etc. this could give you some unusual results as far as jetting goes,so keep it in mind. I've been using a brp 8es plug that has a protuded tip, and no it doesn't hit the piston,but it burns cleaner than a lot of the other plugs.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:52 AM

So I put in some new premium fuel and an Iridium plug. I pay about $6 for the stock plug and this one cost $14, since it's only one I think I can handle it. The bike does run a bit better but still 'misses' at WOT. The winter gas has got me thinking that I should wait until we start getting summer gas before going any further.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:08 PM

dave: check and clean all of your conections in your wireing harness as well,it just may help!
Old 03-29-2007, 01:56 AM

Hi!

Yesterday I replaced my filter for the upcoming race and I saw a big restrictor plastic plate in the face of the filter! This explains everything..! There were only two small holes on this plate allowing some air to pass to the carb. The bikes come ready here for street use and even though I got an unrestricted bike, probably the dealer forgot this plate there... At least even at -20 C the bike was rich... There isn't much time to really check the jetting but with the 178 main the bike should be ok for around +10 C. And I should feel a big increase in overall power.

Thank for mentioning something about restriction..!

Leon
Old 03-29-2007, 08:19 AM

Throw all your previous jetting notes in the trash. Make sure your not too lean on the needle now, when in doubt err on the rich side.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:14 AM

Hi!

The bike worked perfect for 3 days, 950 kms, 7 hrs, 59 minutes, 59 seconds total time of special tests (better than expected..). I just adjusted the air screw at 1,5 turns out (from 2,5). Needle at 2nd pos, main 178.

Crazy race for crazy people..!! Extreme is very tiny word to describe what I experienced there....

Thank you for all the help!!

Leon
Old 04-04-2007, 07:32 PM

Hello,
I'm new here today...looking for jetting info to help my Bro with his new '07 EC300. I have a KTM 300XC.

Reading this post, my first thought re this wide open stumble is that the 178 main is too rich to allow the bike to run. I think it is drowning in fuel. The clue is that the larger main makes it worse, and brings the problem down lower in the rev range. One must recall that the main jet affects the entire range, as the needle taper works within the main jet.

I would suggest trying a much smaller main, maybe a 170 or somewhere in that range. I think it might just transform the bike...however it may require a needle position change as well.

My KTM, which uses the 36mm carb, uses a 160 main jet at sea level.

Just food for thought. I may be waaay off, but these are my thoughts.

good luck with it.

Mark
Old 04-07-2007, 02:14 PM

Ok. Tested my theory.

Brothers 07 300 EC. Stock 180 mj, needle 3rd from top. 38 pilot(not positive of this)
Would not rev out...blubbered at WOT.

installed 172 main, clip 2nd down from top of needle. Same stock pilot.

Big improvement. 65`, 2500 feet elevation.

cheers