Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 04-02-2007, 07:10 PM

Default LTR jetting what am I missing.

What comes with the LTR jet kit?. Is there charts etc that come from LTR that help in making adjustments. I bought my 05EC250 used and the previous owner put on the LTR PV cover and jets. I think it might be set for to high of elavation where I am, (bike is set for 3500 to 4000 feet) I ride at 2500 to 3000 feet and would like to be able to ride anywhere from 1000 up. I asked LTR about this and got back that I should be OK but was directed to increase the main to 175 or 178 (currently172) and pilot (currently 42) up to 45. Should I have all these jets with the kit?. I have the 175 main but don't have anything else. Does it matter if the jets are LTR jets and how do you tell. I have not had time to ride any distance (due to the cold and snow here) but I have ran it a bit. It starts in a heated garage after four or five kicks ( that's OK) and it runs good and strong but did have a mid to high rpm stumble (that appears to have cleaned up) I blamed the stumble on being idled off and on in the garage during the really cold weather. I looked at the sparkplug after a very short run and it looked dark. I think because of to short of run . I can't wait to get it out. Any info here would be great. I have also tried the previous owner and LTR with these questions but haven't heard back yet.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:07 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

The LTR kit comes with the baseline jetting for your location when purchased. If you need to purchase other jets that should be no problem at all because your bike has a Keihin PWK carb, which is used in many off-road bikes. If you don't have a local GasGas dealer you can walk into any Honda dealership (for example) and get the jets you need.

BTW the key to the LTR kit is the needle supplied with the kit.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:30 PM

You are definitely lean on the main jet which could be trouble if you ride on the pipe for prolonged periods. I'm no expert on jetting but changing your pilot from 42 to 45 is a pretty big jump considering the elevation conditions you describe and sounds like the wrong direction to go? Needle position is an important factor. I ride an EC300 and have been riding at 2500ft all winter with (175/40/LTR -0 middle clip). We started pushing 4500ft the last 2-3 weeks and I noticed more 1/4 throttle bog (richer). I attributed this to leaner air conditions. I moved my needle clip up 1 spot(dropping the needle) and leaning out this part of the circuit. Made a huge difference. Once the high peaks clear of snow (6-9k elevation) I will have to go smaller on the main and pilot. I normally run 168/38/needle pos. variable once we start riding above 7k and the weather heats up. Like EFF says...go to your local dealer and pickup some more jets. They are cheap....I got enough to cover the range on the main and pilot. Once you get the routine down changing them is very quick. I've burnd a few extra hrs doing jetting tests and taking notes for a variety of conditions. I just go to my notebook as we head into summer and changes need to be made.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:35 PM

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. My bike and I appreciate it greatly. Now if the snow would just leave so I could get out and run the beast. I could get it dialed in.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:36 AM

He's not lean on the main. I'm running a 168 in my '05 300 for sea level to 3500 ft. My '05 300 stumbles when pulling onto the pipe with any main jet larger than a 172. I'm rarely on the pipe for more than 15 seconds at a time.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosenut View Post
He's not lean on the main. I'm running a 168 in my '05 300 for sea level to 3500 ft. My '05 300 stumbles when pulling onto the pipe with any main jet larger than a 172. I'm rarely on the pipe for more than 15 seconds at a time.
Here we go again! I sometimes think every Gasser is different or maybe it's fuel in the US!
Old 04-11-2007, 11:16 PM

Thanx for saying it. I read the other threads around jetting, the GG 250 twosmoke specifically, and that is exactly the impression I got. That is why I asked for myself. Is it possible that every bike, different groups of bikes or certain years may all require such different jetting at the same elavation.??? I would like to ask if those who have had other bikes ie Honda, Yammy, or kawi or even GG's from different years where they have seen a wide range of jetting at the same location. I don't want to make a mountain out of this but how hard can getting the right mix of fuel to the spark plug be. Thanx from one less experienced.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:15 AM

My bad...I re-read and see you have a 250. There are likely differences in jetting much as there are in power delivery between the two.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshplaster View Post
Thanx for saying it. I read the other threads around jetting, the GG 250 twosmoke specifically, and that is exactly the impression I got. That is why I asked for myself. Is it possible that every bike, different groups of bikes or certain years may all require such different jetting at the same elavation.??? I would like to ask if those who have had other bikes ie Honda, Yammy, or kawi or even GG's from different years where they have seen a wide range of jetting at the same location. I don't want to make a mountain out of this but how hard can getting the right mix of fuel to the spark plug be. Thanx from one less experienced.
there's quite a few factors that effect. the biggest i think is personal taste but also pipe, reeds, fuel (inc oil) & environmentals. in the uk everyone is mostly on the same sheet but we have very homogenous terrain & climate being a small country. i also think our fuel is the same across the country. 80% of US jetting doesn't work in UK. we all want tight woods, smooth power where many US guys want more MX like hit for open, dry terrain.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:41 PM

i got the pv cover on my bike and a have a 155 main in it and it will scream bloody murder around 1500