Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 PM

Will be interesting how this plays out in the6-8 months once the dust settles.

AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals

Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Initially I was upset, but I think the upside is definitely there.
Same here
but when I found it was Peirer and not Ktm or Bajaj I got to thinking.
This is the guy who brought Ktm from the brink and maybe he knows bajaj is out to get his controlling interest with his deep pockets. All I remember about a Bajaj interview in cycle news years ago was how he was all about cheap 125 dualsports and scooters for the middle east.
Just might be a brilliant move on Mr Peirer's part.
Moto Farm motor and suspension service 309 310 2540 leave a message
www.halls-cycles.com
Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 AM

Yeah, that is my take too the more I read and think about it. Perhaps the current KTM offroad powerhouse will fall if the bikes are made in India. If so, or a Bajaj controlled KTM just changes focus, Husky will then be in an excellent position. For that matter it should help GG as well.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Nothing will help GG until they can supply bikes to the buyers. Already they can't meet demand, so further demand is only going to look poorer on GGs behalf. Here in Aus we're still waiting on 2013 models. So far we've only received limited numbers which have been air freighted for buyers who had already prepurchased.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:05 PM

The new owner of HVA is also owner of Cross Industries that as under its wings WP suspensions and Pankl (yes, the same that does cranks for KTM and F1 cars). I would not be surprised that STEFAN PIERER might be looking for a new challenge with HVA mostly because KTM might be going in a different direction due to Bajaj interests.
If he leaves KTM I would say HVA would win a powerful breath of fresh air, ideas and solutions.
BMW will only retain the Rally Raid team and bike. Mostly because it's their engine design.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:28 PM

Is it me, or did Bajaj sound rather arrogant in that interview, saying that they consider themselves a motorcycle powerhouse? Are you kidding me? Stamped out crap for the third world and now your a player?

No '13s yet in OZ? Undoubtably another component supply issue, not a factory capacity issue. GG needs to find a way to get what they need up front in sufficient quantities. Commit to using it for a couple years plus spares(yes spares) so quantities will be higher. Maybe form an alliance with another small mfg. to do so. This is what the Ossa thing is supposed to be about. Look at TM, they have the Zokes on the ENs and 48mm KYBs on the MX bikes. If TM can put KYBs on such a limited number of bikes why not GG?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with what everyone is saying on the topic. I've been doing some pretty interesting reading on the topic on another forum.

I'm not sure how many 2013s are floating around Aus at the moment. I do know the E-Starts were running Sachs and 45mm zokes and aren't in much demand. The first shipment of R models are being air freighted over now, but still not on dealers floors. The rest will be shipped and be another 4-8 weeks away. I agree most likely components (suspension, cdi/stator, carb). They seem to be the big ones.

I thought TM was using their own forks and shock these days?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:36 PM

We were in similar straits in '11 on estart specs, and delivery in 2012. I think Clay wrung the bell enough to get their attention and 13s started showing up last fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I'm not sure how many 2013s are floating around Aus at the moment. I do know the E-Starts were running Sachs and 45mm zokes and aren't in much demand. Once you've tasted the Ohlins/Marzocchi 48s, how could you go back?

The first shipment of R models are being air freighted over now, but still not on dealers floors. The rest will be shipped and be another 4-8 weeks away. I agree most likely components (suspension, cdi/stator, carb). They seem to be the big ones.

I thought TM was using their own forks and shock these days? They make their own shocks, but forks in the US are KYB, Marzocchi for everybody else I think
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 02-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Cheers Steve. Spot on with the Zokes! My mistake there.

I also recall the dramas the US had with the gassers and 2011 and the measures Clay went to to get it right for 2012. I was well amazed and even more impressed. Unfortunately our importer doesn't appear to have that kind of pull. I don't think our market is big enough to be seen as a priority for Spain.

I also agree after running the TTX forks, no way I'd go back to an open slosher setup.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

At the risk of hijacking this thread: I just heard there is a shortage of forks for the remaining '13s to be built...If this rumor is true, it's likely holding up more than bikes (ie: parts).
2003 KX/KDX 220 hybrid
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000 Trail Edition
1974-86 Vintage Can Ams, SWMs, Puchs, etc.