Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:02 PM

How about some things I had done for me . Steve at PlusOne Performance really did a great job for me;

Fluid swap and revalve shock and forks
Ohlins steering dampner
Cut down the FMF Q Stealth
Talon hubs on Excel hoops

Old 05-27-2014, 11:13 PM

Just dropped a 40 pilot jet into my EC300, from a 42. Changed the exhaust o-rings, and discovered that I musta bent my pipe somehow (probably that stoopid log Mother Nature put in my way), so I kinda had to MacGuyver some stainless mounts to offset from the holes in the rubber anti-vibration blocks. Worked good, looks like a Frankenbike more and more every ride.
Sharp learning curve at the age of 41, just learning how to dirtbike. Fun as heck though!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrendeep6 View Post

Where can I get a red chain slider like that?
Old 05-28-2014, 05:16 AM

Started making my own version of a KnobbyKnife.. Cost me $10, be less than $35 for a complete one, plus the machining..

Did some trials on a spare tyre and results are good so gonna try to get a couple more rides out of my bridgestones..

Parts:

Trial results: (See if you notice the difference)

Cheers..

Click here for my Youtube feed
Old 05-28-2014, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
x2 on that- particularly the chain guide block, also what's the procedure on the Q cut down? looks like the lower/front end is where the cut came off? mounting brackets?
Old 05-28-2014, 07:30 AM

Sparky was shortened at the rear end. You've got to drill out the end cap and turbine rivets, then shorten the core and body. Redrill for the new locations and rivet away.

PlusOnePerformance
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 05-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
TM Designworks and GasGas sell the red slider and chain guide. TM Designs last forever, slider is a little noisy.
http://http://www.ebay.com/itm/TM-De...r#ht_616wt_882

Last edited by hamilton; 05-28-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

+1 on the TM slider.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:54 PM

The Tm piece didn't seem to last any longer than the oem on my bike, about one year.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

My poor new bike is aging quickly. Spent most of the afternoon prepping it for tomorrow and going over little niggles that have been annoying me.

Bit of play in the upper seat locator where the alloy has worn on the plastic. Had to tape it up to get a snug fit. Same at the middle point, the play up front has then allowed the middle to move side to side and open up the plastic guides on the underside of the seat, padded this out with some rubber.

Had to glue some rubber to the back side of the tab that the seat locates on too as it had been wearing into the back of the tank. That meant the tank mount didn't want to line up again so had to open up the tank some more up the top. Bent the tabs on the rads to allow the gromets to engage on the shrouds better (due to rad guards). Noticed fair amount of slop between the upper and lower rad shroud too. Whats the point of a 2 piece? Wrestled with the lower mount for some time after the insert pushed out of the lower gromet and down between the rad and brace. Fun times and colourful language!

Trail tech vapor showing wear where the throttle cable, brake cable, and speedo sender all rub against it. It has been eating batteries lately to. I need a 'new' battery to double check it. Kill switch wasn't making very good contact due to being full of mud, pulled apart, cleaned and working well.

Then put it all together with a 175 main and rode around the yard for half an hour. Excited to put her in the dirt and make the new bike look even older.