Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:20 AM

Default Engine overhual

Hey Guys,

Well winter is just around the corner here in chicagoland and after fixing up my bike cosmetically I'm ready to dig into the engine.

I bought my 03 200 last spring and this is my first two stroke. I have done all the easy stuff like change all fluids regrease etc. When I bought the bike it said it had a new top end but I doubt that by the condition the fluids were in when they were changed. I was wondering how to tell when the bike is due for a new top end, what other parts of the engine are important to check? Can I upgrade the power valves to Vforce? Also is there any websites or a service manual I can buy that will show a walkthrough on a gasgas top end rebuild?

Thanks,
Sam

Old 09-30-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyj18 View Post
Hey Guys,

Well winter is just around the corner here in chicagoland and after fixing up my bike cosmetically I'm ready to dig into the engine.

I bought my 03 200 last spring and this is my first two stroke. I have done all the easy stuff like change all fluids regrease etc. When I bought the bike it said it had a new top end but I doubt that by the condition the fluids were in when they were changed. I was wondering how to tell when the bike is due for a new top end, what other parts of the engine are important to check? Can I upgrade the power valves to Vforce? Also is there any websites or a service manual I can buy that will show a walkthrough on a gasgas top end rebuild?

Thanks,
Sam
GasGas top end overhaul is almost exactly the same as any othr 2 stroke top end overhaul. Have a look on youtube - thee are a couple of reasonably good vid clips on there that show you the basics.

You can download the workshop manual for free on www.gasgasmotos.es

Fergus
Old 09-30-2008, 05:21 PM

As far as the powervalve thing goes you must mean reed valves right? Not sure what the Part # is for the V force set-up.
Lifes journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting holy cow what a ride !!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 05:44 PM

Here is a link to GasGas technical video information
from Jim Snell.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GASGASinfo
There is engine an repair #1, #2 and #3.
These focus on trials motors, but, you chould be able
to pick up some tips that will apply to yours. Minus the
power valve that trials bikes don't have.
Jeff