Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamovru View Post
Great! I am moving back to Southern California in a few months and was going to get another Gas Gas, but I guess I will be looking at Beta`s again. This made my decision much easier. Thank you for posting up on this! I would have been pissed if I couldnt register my bike, even if it would have been red stickered. BTW, how do you sell bikes in California that cannot be registered?
Hang on here!!!! I'm sure that Rod has worked through those issues or he would NOT be setting dealers up here. The DMV / (Former) Importer / something about a signature / or thumb print must have been worked out.

I think I'd blow a call or email to Rod before jumping off the cliff...just saying.

The Lewisport folks are top notch from my dealings with them. Hope we can see a top D36 guy or gals on the GG brand soon!

AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals

Old 01-08-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Hang on here!!!! I'm sure that Rod has worked through those issues or he would NOT be setting dealers up here. The DMV / (Former) Importer / something about a signature / or thumb print must have been worked out.

I think I'd blow a call or email to Rod before jumping off the cliff...just saying.

The Lewisport folks are top notch from my dealings with them. Hope we can see a top D36 guy or gals on the GG brand soon!
You are correct, but not a risk I am willing to take. Having a Red Stickered bike, sucks bad enough.
2009 450EXC Sold to Rapid Dog EURO Factory Anti-Hop slipper clutch, GPR V4, Akropovic Full Ti Exhaust, 2013 suspension and wheels.
2009 300XC
2005 525 MXC
2000 WR 400
1996 XR 600
1987 CR500
1990 KX500
Old 01-08-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamovru View Post
You are correct, but not a risk I am willing to take. Having a Red Stickered bike, sucks bad enough.
I have both a red sticker and green sticker bikes. I rode my red sticker more this summer than I ever have. Of course it was closed course racing, but never the less.

The whole red sticker / green sticker issue during the summer isn't really a player in my book up here in Northern CA. Southern CA, little bit of a different story. During the summer Kennedy Meadows, Big Bear area is open, pretty much anything above 3000 or 3,500 ft is open from what I understand. We ride red sticker bikes up hear during the summer.

Now heading down to Baja....is another entire world, which is where we headed to ride along the cost during the summer months.

If you are hell bent of riding during the summer and want a green sticker bike, then find a 02 or 03 and then your good to go!

Didn't mean to hijack thread.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 01-08-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
I have both a red sticker and green sticker bikes. I rode my red sticker more this summer than I ever have. Of course it was closed course racing, but never the less.

The whole red sticker / green sticker issue during the summer isn't really a player in my book up here in Northern CA. Southern CA, little bit of a different story. During the summer Kennedy Meadows, Big Bear area is open, pretty much anything above 3000 or 3,500 ft is open from what I understand. We ride red sticker bikes up hear during the summer.

Now heading down to Baja....is another entire world, which is where we headed to ride along the cost during the summer months.

If you are hell bent of riding during the summer and want a green sticker bike, then find a 02 or 03 and then your good to go!

Didn't mean to hijack thread.
I am from Los Angeles, so I am aware of the sticker issues and the prior years to get. We typically ride in areas where know one checks. But it is only as you stated. If I want to ride somewhere where I cant ride, because of a red sticker bike. That isnt a deal killer for me, but not being able or having a problem registering is.
2009 450EXC Sold to Rapid Dog EURO Factory Anti-Hop slipper clutch, GPR V4, Akropovic Full Ti Exhaust, 2013 suspension and wheels.
2009 300XC
2005 525 MXC
2000 WR 400
1996 XR 600
1987 CR500
1990 KX500
Old 01-10-2015, 10:08 AM

Adrian and his shop are great people to work with, I've gotten 3 bikes through them and they are one of the only dealers I actually like to give my money to (not bashing others but they are great people).

As to the registration it only effect bikes bought new in CA from 2012 to 2014; they aren't on the state exception list from fed epa standards. If brought in from out of state you could reg them. That being said GasGas is going through the motions to get 2015 models on the list so it shouldn't be and issue from here on out. Rod or Mark could confirm exact status of this but if you're buying new now I doubt it would be an issue.

In NorCal there's lots of great riding that isn't subject to the red/green sticker thing (BLM land) and the season isn't as long as in SoCal so it has less effect. Don't know if this will effect your ultimate buying decision but if it helps you to buy from Lewisport I'll give it a little push.

They also sell trials bikes/parts as that is their mainstay. I just got an Ossa 280i from them recently and it is a great bike.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemetal2 View Post
Adrian and his shop are great people to work with, I've gotten 3 bikes through them and they are one of the only dealers I actually like to give my money to (not bashing others but they are great people).

As to the registration it only effect bikes bought new in CA from 2012 to 2014; they aren't on the state exception list from fed epa standards. If brought in from out of state you could reg them. That being said GasGas is going through the motions to get 2015 models on the list so it shouldn't be and issue from here on out. Rod or Mark could confirm exact status of this but if you're buying new now I doubt it would be an issue.

In NorCal there's lots of great riding that isn't subject to the red/green sticker thing (BLM land) and the season isn't as long as in SoCal so it has less effect. Don't know if this will effect your ultimate buying decision but if it helps you to buy from Lewisport I'll give it a little push.

They also sell trials bikes/parts as that is their mainstay. I just got an Ossa 280i from them recently and it is a great bike.
Thank You for the insight. A friend up here got a Ossa hybrid last year. Sort of a mix between a dirt bike and trials bike. He loves it and it has a plate
2009 300XC
2005 525 MXC
2000 WR 400
1996 XR 600
1987 CR500
1990 KX500
Old 01-10-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemetal2 View Post

I spoke to a very reliable source on Thursday about this entire issue of not being able to register a GG in California.
According to the source this issue has been cleared up. It's a done deal.

Happy Trails!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

Old 01-11-2015, 05:25 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I believe that Gasgas scored a A+ getting a dealer like them on board ! Mandy knows dirt bikes and gets parts shipped out quickly . I sure hope these Gasgas enduro bikes sell good for them . I wonder how they have done with there sales of the Beta line and is there a Ossa enduro bike ? For sure they do a great job as a dealer . That along with Jeff Aaron what a Score for Gasgas