Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
My mom has always said, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it".

We're all adults here, let's show some respect to our fellow GasGas associates.

2015 is almost here, let's go out and have fun and make it a great year.

gasgasman
Holy crap, we had the same Mommy!?
BTW, it's not always easy to hold back when somebody rattles my cage, and you know what I mean.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:25 AM

Well said Bryan I am tired of newbies pissing and moaning. What do they think gasgas does not sell many bikes in the US and not funded like the big five but always seem to compare gasgas to them. Gasgas is a "new" brand like it or not I can remember when you could not give a KTM or Husky away.

02 EC 200
03 MC 250
88 VT 800
01 TXT 280
Old 12-30-2014, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Hey Guys
Just a reminder of the rules of the road here.

Given the context - Referring to someone as a newbie is name calling and denigrating. It crosses over the line of my rule number one.

Rule number one is "it is okay to attack an idea. It is not okay to attack a person".

Jeff
Old 12-30-2014, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Now, responding to the original posters concern that we "over moderate here" or "drink kool aid"...

This forum is very different from other discussion forums on the internet. It is owned by the entire gasgas community - this community includes owners, dealers, distributors and gasgas itself. It exists to benefit this community and as such is not for profit. So unlike other forums - we don't have a "store" where we sell products and advertising is provided for dealers who donate just a small amount of money - or even if they don't... ;-)

This forum isn't a dealers turf or my "turf" - it is everyone's turf....

We rarely delete or moderate threads. On rare occasion we will delete a thread if someone is attacking someone else or trying to do someone else harm. The only time we moderate is when something gets out of control. In many years of operation, we have only had to ban three members - and that is with over 5000 members here.

In this case, as I see it from the sidelines, some members here don't like a very necessary change in the parts distribution. Mark Berg has tried to respond to these concerns and asked for some time to smooth things out. Seems like some are trying to use this forum as a "stick" to beat gasgasmotos u..s. into submission to revert to the previous business model.

Specifically addressing the threads that were closed - everyone had there say, and it just turned into a "beat the almost dead horse causing it more pain". It is a grey area - but someone has to make the call and gasgasman did so...

And now back to the actual issue of the parts distribution.... A bike distributor needs to sell parts to be profitable. As an example - Honda makes more money selling parts than they do selling bikes... A dealer needs to sell parts in order to have a workable business model. They can't make it selling a couple of bikes and not have parts sales. You can't have a separate parts importer and bike importer and "have it go" - the business model doesn't work for the importers or the dealers. And having the importer sell parts direct is referred to as "sales channel conflict" - one part of a company is competing with another to the detriment of the whole.

The history of gofasters being the parts distributor was only a temporary thing - even if clay would have stayed as the importer - he was to take over parts distribution eventually.

By eliminating a middleman (gofasters) - parts prices are reduced to the end user, and to the prospective buyer this makes the bike more competitive in the marketplace. In addition, the health of the dealer network will benefit. The parts are now owned by gasgas corporate - the stock of parts in the U.S. is improved - the employees at gofasters who acted as parts guys now work directly for gasgas - mark is CEO of gasgasmotos u.s. Well deserved after his dedication to the brand for so many years...

The parts importation change is a necessary and positive change - In the moderated threads, Mark asked for time to work through any minor issues that folks have (and he did so twice!) - I ask that you please give it to him. And frankly - any "piling on" could be viewed as intentionally attempting to doing them harm (in an attempt to force them back into their old business model) - which is against the rules here....

jeff
Old 12-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Banned

Im pretty sure most of the thread was directed at dealers postage/handling etc....at the least mine were trying to stay in that context? My comparing gasgas to honda was not intended to be a jab at gasgas, but only a comparison of part availability/dealers. From my perspective being in the southwest vs. out east. If seems as though you guys are surrounded by the brand more then here. And the lose of my dealer makes me nervous and frustrated. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy my bike there is none sexier then a gasgas, but the southwest is a dead zone. I ahve always enjoyed this forum, but moderation is what it is, but it did seem a little premature, but that is not my call. Throwing a tantrum and threatening not to ride a brand of bike is silly.

If GasGas N.A. had a job opening for P.R. out here I would jump on it. I only work 10 days a month and have alot of time on my hands. And am set to retire in 7 yrs.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Please give it a rest....

Jeff
Old 12-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Please give it a rest....

Jeff
Seriously??? Give what a rest? Should everything on here be Rainbows and sunshine with lollipop fields and chocolate rivers.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Yes. Seriously.

Jeff
Old 12-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Hey Guys
Just a reminder of the rules of the road here.

Given the context - Referring to someone as a newbie is name calling and denigrating. It crosses over the line of my rule number one.

Rule number one is "it is okay to attack an idea. It is not okay to attack a person".

Jeff
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be denigrating.

Bryan
Old 12-31-2014, 08:46 PM

Thumbs up

As a newbie my opinion is the moderators and senior members on this site have been most helpful and eager to assist way beyond any of my expectations.
I say do what you have to do to not let things change.