Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-31-2014, 04:54 PM

Default MX 338 Southwick Ma

I grew up not far from here this is a bit before my time but raced here in the 90's and watched my brother race in the 80's. I even trail road to the track once raced 4 motos and trail rode home!
http://youtu.be/p-y7t32ADzc

Old 01-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Mx 338

I grew up in CT, as a teenager we would drive to Southwick to see the races. Doug Henry was from my hometown, he was a couple years ahead of me in high school. So it was great to go and see someone local race.

I never raced there myself, only rode there once for a dealer ride day. I am glad that the track is still open, and didn't stay closed.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv rider View Post
I grew up in CT, as a teenager we would drive to Southwick to see the races. Doug Henry was from my hometown, he was a couple years ahead of me in high school. So it was great to go and see someone local race.

I never raced there myself, only rode there once for a dealer ride day. I am glad that the track is still open, and didn't stay closed.
You must be from Torrington, I grew up in East Granby. Lots has changed up there glad I don't live up there any more!

Lots of fast riders at the wick! Henry, Dowd, Jo Jo Keller. The best had to be Hannah on a 125. And then there was the open class.

No National for next year but they are working on .
Old 01-03-2015, 12:23 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Mx 338

I actually grew up in Shelton. I believe Torrington is where Doug lives now. The recent Dirt Rider with him as a guest editor was a good article.