Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:28 AM

Default Test day Gas Gas Belgium 250f and 250 2t

Yesterday I rode the all new 2010 models: ec 250 f and 250 2t. These bikes were tested on a moderate difficult enduro circuit so this was very hard for me since i'm a novice at enduro riding. There was 1 very steep climb and 1 very scary drop but it was the steep climb i feared most. About the 250 2t i can be short, this was the first time i rode the circuit and the first time i rode a big 2 stroke so i was to scared to ride a little decent, i even didn't dare to take that steep climb so another rider had to do that for me . The second ride was with the new 250 four stroke and this was better, the circuit was still to hard for me but i did the steep climb because this motor wasn't overpowered for me. I let it die one time because i didn't ride on high enough rpm's in the sand and it doesn't have the torque the 250 2t and my 450 halley has. I'm satisfied i didn't fall but i know i was way over my head with a circuit like that and with that 250 2t. My opinion is that the 250 four stroke makes a good beginners bike but can't be lugged down. The 250 2 stroke is to aggressive for a beginner. I love my 450 halley four stroke: it has much torque, it's very powerful but not aggressive and it has a low seat height. But i'm happy to know that a real Gas Gas enduro can fit me. It's the only brand for shorties like me .