Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 09-07-2015, 02:43 AM

Default 08 fsr515 queries

Hi guys.

Looking for a bit of advice. Im currently looking at a gg fsr515 that has recently had top end rebuild due to leaking head gasket.
Everything else on the bike is in excellent condition.

When riding though off road and in varying conditions it rides great. But when on road at a constant speed it coughs and sputtlers like it is running out of fuel. Give it some gas or back off and it runs fine again for a bit untill sitting at a constant speed again.

I have been told that this is normal by the owner and a couple of dealers. Is there anyway to rectify this though?

I had the owner look for the blue yellow wire to diconnect but being the second gen ecu i dont think it has it. He also seems to think the 09 map loaded into the ecu should fix it aswell.

What should i try to do with it if i do get it? Live with it, find somewhere in south australia that can retune it or steer clear of it all together.

Is there any other issues i should be looking out for aswell?

Cheers!

Old 09-07-2015, 01:16 PM

Support for the non-Yamaha engined four strokes is very spotty. How much do you want to own an oddball machine?
Old 09-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I've got a 06 450 with the suspension done.No problems,good smooth power all the way through.Good bike but a 4t.Would I buy another?Na.