Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 03-27-2019, 05:51 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Yes those are 45mm zokes
They were used on early ktms to 95

Old 03-27-2019, 08:41 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditpowdercoat View Post
I will be emailing Langs shortly for one. Already found the swingarm and linkage bearings from All Balls. One thing I don;t know is brand of fork? It's a Ohlins rear, but not sure on fork as the oldest manual I have found is for 2003. There regular right side up forks, with blue compression knob on left, rebound knob on right stanchion. Left fork seal is weaping a little.
Prev owner was a fat kid, 250 or more in street clothes. I am 200. He changed springs, but kept the stock ones. I know the rear is cranked up to much, no bike sag and only 40mm or so with my arse on it. It is cranked down over 3/4 way on adjuster, so may just try loosen a bit before I replace. I ride single track, and overgrown forestry roads, washouts etc. Basically anywhere in the BC Canada Mountians. Not at bike parks or tracks.
As already stated. Those should be MarZoks...
Rob is also a the ONLY registered Enduro Engineering Suspension Tech in Canada. He should be able to help you out with the suspension stuff as well.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:46 PM

Ok. Took her for a little rip today. Just 4 miles up and back a logging road and such. Thought I'd share a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2019, 05:26 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditpowdercoat View Post
Ok. Took her for a little rip today. Just 4 miles up and back a logging road and such. Thought I'd share a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The pipe on my '01 XC 200 looked like yours when I got it. And fit about like it looked, which was not very good. I found a new old stock, unused FMF Gnarly on EBay for $201US including freight.

You might find something like that for your bike, if you keep your eyes open.

Matter of fact, I've bought everything I've needed for my 200 off EBay , or sites recommended on this forum & one Euro onlne GG dealer That I had good luck with.

RB
Old 04-07-2019, 08:35 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

That bike is a winged unicorn! Unless someone removed it, it has the counter balancer and it is silky smooth! It should also have the "real" lighting coil that will run ~125W instead of the silly small 35w on most other GGs. It has the Messico pipe that is excellent and I would personally get it fixed instead of replacing it with a fmf. It also has the steel subframe which is a little heavier but it is stronger than the aluminum one and is not likely to crack. Les at LTR told me that those forks are very simplistic inside and work fine for trail riding but are not well suited for track use or serious enduro riding. We have a pair of them on one of our 1998 EC250s and after a oil and seal change they work fine for the purpose.

Congrats on the purchase! Let me know if you ever want to sell the bike!