Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 06-10-2007, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergerhag View Post
Has any other FSE'ers had any success with my kick start procedure?
I wind mine over till I hear a gear weir noise ,give it a full boot and works every time(hot). Cold I havent mastered

"It's Nature that Brings out the Madness"
GasGas FSR450 07'

Old 09-29-2007, 06:32 PM

It has a button, why kick it? Also from talking to a mechanic down in FL that worked with the importer that was down there, the kick starters aren't really desgined to be used as anything more then emergency only. And then you shouldn't kick on it hard, just a smooth kick over, because it can cause damage.

I bet that sounds funny right? I pulled my motor apart to redo the tranny after I balled up a chain on it, chipped a couple teeth off the primary gears. The idler gear for the kick start rides on a stub shaft thats welded to a small steel plate held into the motor by two bolts. One half of the plate was actually fractured off from using the kick starter.

I heard the 07's were designed a bit better, not sure on the 06's. Mine is an 05.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I've been thinking on this decompresor mod. To achieve the same thing one could just add the .12 mm to the right exhaust valve play. Instead of grinding stuff off the decompressor, just add a little extra valve play?

What problems could I get with a valve play at .35 mm instead of .25?

I can't imagine performance would be much affected with .1 less valve lift.