Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 10-11-2013, 04:56 AM

Cheers both of you for the advice.

I've heard that the Toyota red long life coolant (NOT the pink super long life) mixed at 50% is the good thing in a trailbike ome of the most aluminium friendly/silicate free coolant available.

Dealer actually has a new OEM cap in stock, so I'll grab it and do the coolant as well if I get time.

I do like the bike but fk me it's niggly for brand new.

The Metzler 6 days lasted literally 6 days....knobs ripped off everywhere and 60-70% worn down already.

I'm looking at Pirelli Scorpion Pro' or MX max's in the standard sizes as replacements, riding in hard rocky/tree root trails.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:34 AM

OK,

So I went down to mud n tar today to pick up a new radiator cap, and by chance he had "engine ice" on the shelf.

He told me my cap looked fine but I bought a new one any way just to be sure.

Rod also recommended Liquid Intelligence but didn't have it in stock.

My problem with that one is that I'm trail riding not racing, and I might need to use a bit of water from my camelbak or a creek to get me home, so I need a coolant that can mix with water.

Long story short, hard hilly, luggy tight and twisty single this arve and it was hot as fk.

Absolutely no dramas, not a single bubble at all. The fan started less than it usually does as well.

So whether it's the cap or the engine ice (I'm tipping it's the engine ice) it seems to be sorted.

Hope this helps someone with similar dramas.

He also had my new instrument unit as well, so that was the last bug out of my arse and I'm pretty happy now.

I'd give Rod and Tracy at Mud n Tar Wauchope NSW a thumbs up for Aussies in the area.

Considering how they've helped me with warranty claims on a bike they didn't sell me, I'd be very comfortable with buying a Suzuki or Gasser from them.

He reckons he's talking to Sherco as well...
Old 10-12-2013, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

Thats a good outcome. Even better that you got to ride again today! Having a dealer who stands beside you is what you want. I've had a good run with Deano at bits for bikes. No issues warranting the few small things I had. Paid to have my first couple services done by the book to keep the warranty, and since then he's been helpful even with advice regarding how to do things myself.

Liquid Performance is the stuff I've been using.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Thats a good outcome. Even better that you got to ride again today! Having a dealer who stands beside you is what you want. I've had a good run with Deano at bits for bikes. No issues warranting the few small things I had. Paid to have my first couple services done by the book to keep the warranty, and since then he's been helpful even with advice regarding how to do things myself.

Liquid Performance is the stuff I've been using.
Mate, I just want to point out that I have absolutely NO problem with Deano, nor do I connect him with the dramas I've has in even the remotest way.

Also he was MUCH nicer to deal with than your average nth qld business (just finished 10 years in Mackay, the absolute HOME of shithouse customer service).

The honest truth is ALL these FKN euro bikes are fiddly...ask any Kato owner.

I did have a good hard bitch in the start (but fair play I was upset with a new bike doing the things it did) but I must say my two mates I ride with have tried my bike and love it, and having ridden their kato/husky I prefer mine.

I do still think that Japanese sort their shit better before they market it, but euro stuff does seem to be the next level in performance (and maintenance)