Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 05-21-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Rev Limiter

Hey all you 450 fse owners.....anyone besides me hitting the rev. limiter when you really get on it? I know the rev limiter is there for a reason, but it seems I'm hitting it right in the "meat" of the power-band! Very annoying when trying to over-take my buddies KTM on the fire roads that we run on. To me it seems to be coming on too early, but maybe they are supposed to be that way......no tach, so I can't say what RPM it's happening at. Anybody else have this?

Old 05-21-2007, 08:47 PM

I don't have that problem but then I usually never have a reason to rev it that high. If your revving that high then you're hitting a part of the powerband that is basically useless, there's no more acceleration up there, just keep shifting before you get to that point. Other than that, maybe you bike is missing at higher rpm's. Not sure why. Check your valves lately?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuiver View Post
Hey all you 450 fse owners.....anyone besides me hitting the rev. limiter when you really get on it? I know the rev limiter is there for a reason, but it seems I'm hitting it right in the "meat" of the power-band! Very annoying when trying to over-take my buddies KTM on the fire roads that we run on. To me it seems to be coming on too early, but maybe they are supposed to be that way......no tach, so I can't say what RPM it's happening at. Anybody else have this?
I am having the same problem in both the dirt and street. When I race the bike it feels like its about to enter the top end of a gear then it hits the limiter. Someone said to check my clutch plates, but it feels like the rev limiter to me. However, when I roll on the throttle, it seems to run fine. How bout you.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:46 PM

Yep.....same thing. I'm glad to hear that someone else is experiencing this besides me. I've been riding off road bikes for 40+ years, and 4strokes for the last 20, and I've never had a bike break down at higher revs like this one does.The bike has only a couple hundred miles on it, so I doubt it is a valve float issue. I guess I'm just gonna have to learn to short shift it.....problem is, the bike is still pulling hard when this takes place, so I feel I'm losing some potential.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:48 PM

Yes, losing some potential. It feels like it wants to smoke the others riders i'm with, then dies hard. Even when I switch gears it still persists. Hope someone else reads this and gives us some insite on this. Maybe a resolve. Now at least i'm glad i'm not the only one either. Later - Rob.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:09 AM

Anybody out there besides us two have any suggestions? I love this bike otherwise!!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:00 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I was told by my dealer that some fse's need an EFi fuel remapping after some time of use, because they start to bog. (run very fat). Don't know if this is your problem.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:44 AM

Mine does seem to run fat. I just thought that's how it ran, boggy. If that's a word. My local dealer, who use to sell these bikes, does not have that particular tool to remap my efi. Anyone know of someone close to this area, Long Island, NY, or know of a remapping tool that can be used on the gasgas as well as other toys equipped with efi? Thanks bergerhag for responding. Rob.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The Sherco 4.5 and 5.1 has the same EFI (magneti marelli)
Old 05-23-2007, 08:16 AM

Mine doesn't run flat....in fact, it runs very well for a 450. I just think it's not able to use all that it has available because of this rev-limit thing. I too would be interested in the remapping procedure.