Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 06-22-2012, 12:22 PM

They use the same fuel pump so it would be the same. I am 80% sure.

Oh and BTW, I have rode that 515 of Marks. Very nice bike!

Ortonville Minnesota

Old 06-22-2012, 12:30 PM

I am worried about parts for an engine that is not made any longer.

As far as that 515....the price seems to be good....do you recall any specifics of the bike, goods and not so goods about the bike? Mark sent me photos but you can only see so much in photos.

I think it needs side stand, skid??, bigger tank.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:19 PM

I don't think that bike has been ridden much. The previous owner has quite an assortment and seems to like the small bikes more. I don't think it has a skid plate, like all GasGas bikes probably could use something, but personally I have not run one this year. If your gonna race it pry could use a big tank. I wonder what mpg you would get because i doubt you will need much throttle, you may be surprised, I would doubt there are many men out there that can get on that bike and hold the throttle back! Suspension seemed very good, and the old owner never seems to look past anything, he always seems to find something wrong with on my bike, and I always try to find something wrong with his and he is always on top of it, replacing slightly worn items before they get slightly more worn. It is a fire breathing monster if you want it to be, or ride it a gear high and just don't shift.

Anything specific that you want me to look at, I am in the same town as GoFasters so I can check it out for you if you would like.

It does need a kick stand.
Ortonville Minnesota
Old 06-22-2012, 01:48 PM

I guess my biggest concern of owning a GasGas is...well owning a GasGas. I know their 2 strokes are phenominal but I know that the 4T bikes have a bit of a rep for being quirky and well I am worried about if something goes wrong with a quirky bike what do you do??

Also I am a bit of a bike whore....meaning I change my mind every other year....and I worry about selling a GasGas.....not a big market for them.

Let me know your feelings.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:57 PM

I am quite spoiled since I used to work for GF and still live in the same town, and only ride with GG guys. So that is all I know, but I do know that my 06 Yamaha 250f there was an issue with that and I couldn't find anyone to get rid of the bog, so I think all 4t bikes are gonna be quirky to some extent. I have very little experience with the GG 4t bikes.

In my opinion it is helpful to have a dealer you trust that you can call, probably not necessary to be able to drive there any day, but one who you can bounce ideas off of. It seems nearly all GG guys want to help out with someone else's bike.

Parts availability may be an issue but there is always a risk regardless of what bike your working on. I remember working on a 98 XR80 that I couldn't get a part for the engine. Of all bikes a XR80?!?

I would not hesitate to pick it up, Mark will undercut himself almost always when selling units!

That way you always know your getting a good deal!
Ortonville Minnesota
Old 06-22-2012, 04:09 PM

I know this is the wrong place to ask, but I can get a 2011 Husky TXC511 shipped to me for very cheap...brand new.

Has anyone rode a new Husky and compared it to the GG?? Impressions?? Thoughts??

My thought is, this is a new bike with warranty, more dealers (I have 3 in Arizona), and more parts availability. I am still worried about the exoticness of the GasGas.

Any help or input??
Old 06-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Why not a Pumpkin or a Yamahahaha? There are so many great bikes available in the 450F range all you need to do is pick a colour.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:39 PM

I am no longer looking for 450....now looking at 500.....want Fuel injection and want to not spend much money, have found good deals on above said models that fit in my budget. Pumpkin and new Yama are $$$$$
Old 06-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdfblackm View Post
I am no longer looking for 450....now looking at 500.....want Fuel injection and want to not spend much money, have found good deals on above said models that fit in my budget. Pumpkin and new Yama are $$$$$
So is the Husaberg.. cha-ching!

Here in Australia Huskys have a repuation of being unable to finish a ride without breaking down. Too many horror stories, and to make it worse the Paul Feeny Group (importer) does very little to stand by the product when it packs it in. Its basically understood that you buy the bike cheap and then you're on your own. It may be different in the states. I personally woudn't spend a dollar with the Aussie mob.

What year is the 515? I have bought a few parts through Mark at GoFasters and have only had positive experiences. I'd be happy to give him more of my money for the level of service he provides, even after he has your coins in his pocket. He'd also be the man to talk to re spares for the engine. I think I'd be leaning towards the Gasser if they were my options.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdfblackm View Post
... I am a bit of a bike whore....meaning I change my mind every other year....Let me know your feelings.

Seems to be more like every other post that you change your mind. That's my feeling.