Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:28 AM

Default What do you like best about your gasser?

Well what is it?

Mine is getting to an organised ride and being the only one there on the spanish beauty!!!

Old 04-20-2012, 07:16 AM

I like that it is a little slower and easier to ride than the KX I came off of. It is as softer suspension, and an easy to ride powerband.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nato View Post
Well what is it?

Mine is getting to an organised ride and being the only one there on the spanish beauty!!!
that used to be the case here, but i went to a series that i was always the only one, and all of sudden this year there were 7 gassers!

by far the best thing is the ability to always take the inside line. 90% of the passes i attempt are inside corners

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 04-20-2012, 08:27 AM

Im faster on it than any bike I've ever ridden. It turns great, stops good and goes like stink. I like the way it sounds. I like the way it looks. Its easy to adjust the suspension and not too sensitive to different courses. I like the way it balances in really tight, rocky almost unrideable terrain. I like knowing it its more capable than i am so i keep trying harder. I like the support and knowledge that is available here on this forum. I like the importer and my local dealer. I like that it has never over heated. I like that every time i ride another bike i can't wait to get back on my Gas Gas. I like beating riders that are faster than me. I like the way the pipe looks. I like that it has a head light.

I really love bringing home trophies to my four year old daughter (she thinks I'm a hero) and i know I've got a better chance to do that on my Gas Gas than any other bike I've ever ridden.

I like it.... a lot.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyscout View Post

I really love bringing home trophies to my four year old daughter (she thinks I'm a hero) and i know I've got a better chance to do that on my Gas Gas than any other bike I've ever ridden.
i have an 8 year old daughter, she gets all the plaques/trophies. the look on her face when i hand her one is priceless. the single awesomest thing about racing.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 04-20-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
Im faster on it than any bike I've ever ridden. It turns great, stops good and goes like stink. I like the way it sounds. I like the way it looks. Its easy to adjust the suspension and not too sensitive to different courses. I like the way it balances in really tight, rocky almost unrideable terrain. I like knowing it its more capable than i am so i keep trying harder. I like the support and knowledge that is available here on this forum. I like the importer and my local dealer. I like that it has never over heated. I like that every time i ride another bike i can't wait to get back on my Gas Gas. I like beating riders that are faster than me. I like the way the pipe looks. I like that it has a head light.
I like it.... a lot.
italics to confirm/duplicate, red because riding with a newer ktm 200 and 300 the other weekend, even in very temperate weather, the 300 splouged multiple times throughout the day, and we weren't IMO running hard, i was constantly a gear down from what I consider a quick pace.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:27 AM

I'm new to this type of riding- but the single biggest thing "I" like is that it makes me FEEL like a better rider...... ( I still suck- but at least I FEEL like I'm faster/ better/ less-sucky)

I initially became interested in them because of the "oddity" but the more I read about them, the more convinced I was that I wanted to try one.....

The quality of factory components is unrivaled IMHO.

Not a fan of the headlight ( I'm scared of the dark! LOL! ) but I thought it was cool there was a ready made "fix" that involved a quick order to GoFasters.

My dealer really sealed the deal for me..... Great guys with excellent Customer service.....
Old 04-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Banned

1. Turning/handling
2. Smooth, tractable motor
3. Front fork
4. Rear shock
5. Light weight
6. Easy to maintain
7. Different from the rest of the pack.
8. The importers are great guys! LOL!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:41 AM

I like my gasser because she is my first and only bike, i feel extremely confident on her, and when i got the bike, i got this website with her! i cant think of any other place where an entire community is so tight knit and willing to share advice and information.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:15 AM

I most like the circlip on the shift shaft. I can;t count the number of times i have had to stop during a ride because one of the KTMs has a loose or missing shifter.