Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 02-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default Loss of a friend

I've been hesitating on posting this here, but have decided to go for it. Last Friday, Jerry Webber, not a member here, but a participant in last years GG gathering at Tahuya, was killed in an accident at a shooting range. Jerry was a police Sergeant, and SWAT team member, and a dirt bike rider.

For the Tahuya ride, Jeffro820, myself, Jerry, and Jeff C. all trekked to Washington for the ride. We stayed at a lake house for four lovely days. We had a killer night ride where I ran out of gas, and Jerry and Jeff rescued me. The whole weekend was a riot. A laughing riot. We watched moto videos, supercross, rode our butts off, and laughed hard. We had an epic moment at the Shelton Wal Mart. All of those pictures on people of Wal Mart must be shot in Shelton. It was incredibly funny.

Jerry wasa great guy. I liked hanging out with him. I liked riding with him. His ability to be himself and just enjoy what was happening was very refreshing. I miss him, and will honor him with my memories of him.

OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs

Old 02-16-2011, 03:10 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Good on ya mate,
It is very rare we meet such great people and worse when we have to see them go.
I have met a lot of great blokes recently who I class as really good friends ( although they are in another state).
My thoughts and sympathy is with you.
Mark
Old 02-16-2011, 04:40 AM

Its always hard to lose one of the good ones,, godspeed to Jerry, and prayers go out to his family and friends.
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 02-16-2011, 07:12 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Very sad news. My condolences to Jerry's family and friends.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:49 AM

I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear this Mike. Our family will pray for Jerry. As we get older I find my thoughts are often on those who have passed over the years.
Our condolences to the Webber family and friends.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 PM

Mike,I'm glad you did post. I am deeply saddened by this news.

I didn't get to spend more than one day in Jerry's life as others have. But I still had the opportunity to meet, shake hands, talk with, and most importantly, share a day of friendship doing what we love.

Rip Jerry Webber, until we meet again.

Mike I too have been withholding sad information, but for much longer.
I guess I was worried that it would offend my friend John if a said something, so I waited hoping he would. Well when I saw this post I just could not keep it balled up inside anymore.

At Last years endurocross in Everett back in late August I saw John ( Hydrodog)there. Talked for a while and asked how his step son, and riding buddy Josh was doing.
I regrettably learned that Josh, a kid so full of life, with so much going for him, had made a terrible decision and took his own life.

Josh was a part of my life on many occasions doing what we loved, riding dirt bikes.
He is missed. RIP Josh, we will meet again.

Great shot of Josh I captured down at the Oregon ride.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Last edited by REVERUP; 02-23-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Had wrong photo posted
Old 02-17-2011, 08:54 PM

Thanks for posting that up Roscoe!
I have been meaning to post it up about Josh but every time I try the emotions become so overwhelming that by the time I get the second sentance finished I have to quit.

My heart go's out to Jerry's family and friends, nothing in life prepairs you for the day when get the phone call when the death of a loved one happens so tragically.

I also want to give a big thanks to Roscoe for taking the time to photograph all the great times of riding. We used that picture of Josh and had a porcelin plack made up and had it inset into his monumet marker.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroDog View Post
Thanks for posting that up Roscoe!
I have been meaning to post it up about Josh but every time I try the emotions become so overwhelming that by the time I get the second sentance finished I have to quit.

My heart go's out to Jerry's family and friends, nothing in life prepairs you for the day when get the phone call when the death of a loved one happens so tragically.

I also want to give a big thanks to Roscoe for taking the time to photograph all the great times of riding. We used that picture of Josh and had a porcelin plack made up and had it inset into his monumet marker.
I knew it would be hard for you to do, you guys were great buddies, but more importantly family.

Your welcome, I enjoy capturing the moment. It's great to look at all the fun times we had and remember, Cause as we get older it gets harder to do just that.

Wow I didn't know you used that photo of Josh, I am truly honored.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:18 AM

Wow guys. Hydro, I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember Josh from both the Washington and Oregon rides. I remember him as soft spoken, kind, and a talented rider. I enjoyed the time I spent with you guys. It was obvious that you two were riding partners. It's easy to tell. Good riding partners emulate one another in many ways.

I truly can say I feel for you.

I'd like to get us all together again and honor the memory of both Josh and Jerry. Another Gas Gas get together, in honor of them. We should pick a place more centrally located for all of us. Or, we could pick China Hat in Central Oregon because anybody can ride there without suffering. There's 315 miles of marked mapped trails.

What do you think? Hydro? Roscoe?
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs