Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:48 PM

Default jetting set up for mods

Ive a GG300 ec 2003 ive put in pro race carbon fiber reeds with a FMF fatty front pipe and a power core tail pipe.
at the mo the jetting is

main 178
slow 38
slide is standard i think 7
jet needle is NIED and have a NIEF spare, im awaiting th NEWD. needle in 3rd pos
A/S currently 1 3/4 turns but feel its holding back (lean)
Just run it in it feels more lively than before lifting the wheel with no problem.

im just wondering if i would have to rejet to get the best out of the bike and mods.
anyone have any opinions on this

Old 12-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gassergrant View Post
Ive a GG300 ec 2003 ive put in pro race carbon fiber reeds with a FMF fatty front pipe and a power core tail pipe.
at the mo the jetting is

main 178
slow 38
slide is standard i think 7
jet needle is NIED and have a NIEF spare, im awaiting th NEWD. needle in 3rd pos
A/S currently 1 3/4 turns but feel its holding back (lean)
Just run it in it feels more lively than before lifting the wheel with no problem.

im just wondering if i would have to rejet to get the best out of the bike and mods.
anyone have any opinions on this
Everyone will have opinions. Reeds and a pipe may require re jetting but it will be minimal at most.

Other considerations which may play a part is the state of the reeds prior to installing new ones, and if the bike had been leaned off to compensate for damaged reeds. Then yes you'll need to richen things up again. A pipe will rarely require a clip change.

IMO the change of seasons will probably have more variance on your jetting than a fresh set of reeds (assuming the old weren't damaged, and that the engine is within spec).

Only you as the person riding the bike will truly be able to tell if its rich or lean. Use what you have available and play. Easy enough to pull the choke a bit and see if things get better, or stuff a rag in the airbox. Does it get better as it approaches temp or does it flatten out and start to run hot? Hanging idle? Whats the plug look like? Spooge from exhaust? Exhaust note? (may be hard to judge due to being new).
Old 12-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

You could try a 40 slow jet.

Where did you get your pro race carbon fiber reeds from? Have been thinking about upgrading my 02 to some better reeds.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Everyone will have opinions. Reeds and a pipe may require re jetting but it will be minimal at most.

Other considerations which may play a part is the state of the reeds prior to installing new ones, and if the bike had been leaned off to compensate for damaged reeds. Then yes you'll need to richen things up again. A pipe will rarely require a clip change.

IMO the change of seasons will probably have more variance on your jetting than a fresh set of reeds (assuming the old weren't damaged, and that the engine is within spec).

Only you as the person riding the bike will truly be able to tell if its rich or lean. Use what you have available and play. Easy enough to pull the choke a bit and see if things get better, or stuff a rag in the airbox. Does it get better as it approaches temp or does it flatten out and start to run hot? Hanging idle? Whats the plug look like? Spooge from exhaust? Exhaust note? (may be hard to judge due to being new).
Very true not had a chance to pupil the plug out yet, but going to ASAP .
Old 12-30-2011, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd5774 View Post
You could try a 40 slow jet.

Where did you get your pro race carbon fiber reeds from? Have been thinking about upgrading my 02 to some better reeds.
Got from GG uk for about ?80, I also aske boyeson direct it was about ?60 but was in sure of import tax and delivery time
Old 12-30-2011, 06:45 AM

Definitely go by what you feel/how the bike acts, pay attention to any bogs or blubbers throughout the rpm range telling you of a lean or rich condition, try and pinpoint at what throttle range its happening and make changes accordingly. Weather/elevation will be the bigger factors also how old/fresh your topend is will also factor into jetting
Old 12-30-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yathump View Post
Definitely go by what you feel/how the bike acts, pay attention to any bogs or blubbers throughout the rpm range telling you of a lean or rich condition, try and pinpoint at what throttle range its happening and make changes accordingly. Weather/elevation will be the bigger factors also how old/fresh your topend is will also factor into jetting
thanks, em top end is just run in. got check elevation.
low rpm burble is not as bad but since i set the A/S, it feels a tad lean as i get a little pop in high rev range, so on monday im going to go fro a ride with a screw driver and set propperly.
elevation for my county is only 200m
Old 12-30-2011, 01:43 PM

Todd how easy was it to fit the 2010 plastics mate
Old 12-31-2011, 12:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gassergrant View Post
thanks, em top end is just run in. got check elevation.
low rpm burble is not as bad but since i set the A/S, it feels a tad lean as i get a little pop in high rev range, so on monday im going to go fro a ride with a screw driver and set propperly.
elevation for my county is only 200m
Low rpm burble will clean up with a leaner straight diameter needle. H/(W/I)/J paired up with a larger pilot. This is from my experiences.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Low rpm burble will clean up with a leaner straight diameter needle. H/(W/I)/J paired up with a larger pilot. This is from my experiences.
got the RM NEDW one yesterday so going to have a play with that and pop to a bike shop to see whatjets i can get