Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 12-03-2013, 09:50 AM

Come on already......Throw the damn Lectron Carb on it. Adjust your Sag ride that damn thing!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2013, 10:41 AM

Nice ride!

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar
Old 12-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

I haaven't done anything!! I'll keep ya'll$ posted when I do. Preppin up the 2010 for a ride this weekend. Brap Braaap!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quick question for Simmo (or those in the know).

Air box.. I can't say I'm a real fan. The way the filter sits recessed into the front of the box makes it hard to know if you have a positive seal (more so than usual). Any tips? I'm also going to fill the joins around the base of the box and rear fender with some sikaflex marine. Whats the easiest way to get access, do a clean job, and still seal it up. I bought the small tube to help in that regard. Apply some and wipe away with a moist rag? Also, the huge air vent in the lhs airbox panel. Looks like it breaths well but it also appears to be just right for feeding water directly onto the side of the filter. Wet season is coming, and creeks and mud are everywhere up here. I don't want the new steed drinking any more water than it needs to.

Other than that everything else is progressing nicely.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:38 AM

When you apply the sika use some soapy water in a squirter bottle and once you put the sika on give it a spray and it wont stick to your hands, spray your hands also and the finish will be a whole lot neater. As for the filter sealing I am not sure if the airbox is different from the'12 but from experience with filter sealing I usually line it up and send it in and as it goes in I can feel a bit of a slide in to its slot kind of surge umm hard to explain. But the amount of times I think hmm its not sealed I still have not yet had any problems. To not get a seal I think it would have to be a terrible fit?
Old 12-04-2013, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

True that Nath. Very similar with the 2010. The 3 pins do give an odd feeling if one isn't lined up and kind of clicks as it locates in. I guess I just like to be able to give it a visual around the edge. Will come with time.

Appreciate the tips with the sikaflex. I've got a set of WP OC forks to get a start on in the morning and then will move onto the new ride. Gotta remember to change my front tyre on the oldie too.

I ran the compression gauge over the 2010 model with what must be around 85hrs on this piston and rings and got a reading of 135psi (on my inaccurate low reading gauge). So a drop of 5psi isn't too bad at all! The new bike also pushed out 140psi which leads me to believe the trapped volume on the two engines is likely very similar. The S3 head should transfer over and give a slight bump in compression if I use the single 0.5mm base gasket, while bringing the squish down to 1.25mm, or the same CR if I run 0.6mm gaskets and 1.35mm squish. So taking that into account that the S3 head was machined to reduce volume, then the squish on the new head will be a bit bigger than ideal. I'll still run it in and see how it compares.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Quick question for Simmo (or those in the know).

Air box.. I can't say I'm a real fan. The way the filter sits recessed into the front of the box makes it hard to know if you have a positive seal (more so than usual). Any tips? I'm also going to fill the joins around the base of the box and rear fender with some sikaflex marine. Whats the easiest way to get access, do a clean job, and still seal it up. I bought the small tube to help in that regard. Apply some and wipe away with a moist rag? Also, the huge air vent in the lhs airbox panel. Looks like it breaths well but it also appears to be just right for feeding water directly onto the side of the filter. Wet season is coming, and creeks and mud are everywhere up here. I don't want the new steed drinking any more water than it needs to.

Other than that everything else is progressing nicely.
Jake
Buy this AL filter cage from Twin Air.
It makes for a very tight fit and the reassurance that the filter is installed 100% and sealed off.

http://www.trialendurodirect.com/pro...r_kit_383.html
Old 12-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I agree w/ Stu. I put these on both bikes very nice over the stock cage. I admit I still reach in to ensure a proper seal all the way around.Better safe than sorry.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I put the filter in and feel around the edge as far as I can to ensure the gap is the same... very minute ,all the way.
I used expanda foam to close off my airbox
Cheers Mark
2008 280 Raga replica
2012 Gas gas ec 300 E
Old 12-04-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuJohnson View Post
Jake
Buy this AL filter cage from Twin Air.
It makes for a very tight fit and the reassurance that the filter is installed 100% and sealed off.

http://www.trialendurodirect.com/pro...r_kit_383.html
That's what I use on my '11, it has a better fit than stock .