Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 07-24-2015, 04:21 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default 15 model reviews

How's everyone getting along with their 15 GG.
I haven't heard much, so must be a good sign?
Does the e-start hold up well?
Seriously considering picking one up.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
How's everyone getting along with their 15 GG.
I haven't heard much, so must be a good sign?
Does the e-start hold up well?
Seriously considering picking one up.
People seem to really like the 15's. If I had the cash and could unload my 12' I would pick one up.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Guess everyone is out riding them, there's really no question if I would like it.
Only question is what size to get?
Old 07-26-2015, 03:29 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Well, guess were either going 300 or 250. No 200's were brought in and none left any where. Not that I could find. I'mThinking 300.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:14 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Initial report followed by updates-
Report- Put rad guards on. Easier bike to work on, more standardised fixtures. Set sag, rolled bars forward, loktited a few bits that tend to come loose.I left the fuel tap on & it leaked a litre of gas on the floor. Pulled the carb & checked fuel stopper thing, reduced the float level 1mm,noted the jetting- main172, pilot 35,needle NIEF clip2,AS 2.5.Temp 16-25,sealevel to 400m.
Airbox- the bottom looks sealed apart from a rubber teat at the bottom. I can just see it filling up with water at the first river crossing?
First ride was pine forest twin & single track, damp loam & mud with some stumps & roots. This things turns! seriously- look at the corner, tip into corner, go round corner. Done. It sits in ruts with no drama, you start looking for them because it is so fun.
I nearly bought a Husqvarna 300 because I was unsure of the Reiger shock. It behaved really well today, very smooth. It kicked out on some fast ledge/rock hits but it is seriously under sprung (100 kg + gear. yeah, yeah bring on the pie eater comments).The 48mm zokes surprised me, better than my correct sprung & valved sachs. Every time they move there was a grinding, clicking noise. Looks like the clutch cable join at the top catches on the plastic face plate. Noticed the throttle cable rubs on a metal bracket at the top as well & is wearing already. Quite annoying.
Jetting is pretty good. Very clean & responsive off the bottom, burbly in the middle but once the power valve opens it just buggers off wherever it is pointing!
Updates- Jetting 180,42,NEDW #2 SMOOTH & STRONG.
Battery leaked onto the air filter FFS!! Lithium ion installed,should be standard.
Suspension- Correct springs in,front revalved,set sag-had it all wrong & is sensitive to a few millimetres difference. Reiger shock is excellent.Really,really,REALLY good package.
Tyres- replaced 6day FIM with Pirelli's.Much better.
Airbox- took the teak off,it just fills with dirt & blocks up.It may just be me but getting the filter to seat properly is awkward,never sure it is sealed properly & check several times.
Brakes- Just awesome.
Side stand-Bear trap with a small foot.Good for racers,not for trailriders.
Starter-I put a 2015 starter unit on.Never fails or misses.very fast turn over with the lithium battery.
Aesthetics- Good quality plastics & graphics.Still look good.
Overall- Reliable,turns well,stable at speed,strong bottom with linear smooth power,always fun to ride.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:16 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Forgot to note it is a 2014 replica.With the exception of the power valve adjuster it is the same as a 2015.
Old 07-27-2015, 06:20 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

So far it runs great best endure bike I have ever had ! Did all the stuff I read about on this forum , also the main reason I bought this bike . I also did a few other things to it . Recluse works great ,smart carb works really good , twisted engineering bars . No suspension work yet just set the sag Vee Rubber Tackys with tubeless . And a scotts dampner . 2015 300 . All these are not as important as the Fisher Seat for my skinny old butt . I would buy it again . I got it from Mattos Cycle
Old 07-29-2015, 07:34 PM

I also purchased a 2015 300 from Matto's .... Incredible bike ...Not perfect but pretty darn close!! I Had a few issues with the outer pv governor bearing (where the adjustment is... under the cap) I'm on my 3rd bearing in about 20 hrs but so far the latest one seems to be holding up well. I put an open bearing in with no seals/shields ... best I could tell it was starving for oil. I installed a pair of Windham/RM mid bend Protapers, EE handguards and skid plate and a pipe guard. I'm using M59 front and VE33 tires right now with Tubliss front about 9psi and rear around 6 psi... That combo paired with an absolutely perfect power delivery (Zook NEDJ needle) this bike climbs like a mountain goat....Effortless !! I'm still on the fence about getting the fork revalved.... works pretty well !! ... I know I need a stiffer shock spring (about 215lb+-) but the rear shock is genious to put it mildly. Very wide range of adjustment and you can adjust the clickers to the point of no damping at all, all the way to the point where the suspension hardly moves ...I can't see a reason to mess with the shock valving... This is by far my favorite bike ever!! Handles like nothing else I have ever ridden
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo(19).JPG (49.6 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by lou1265; 07-30-2015 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 07-30-2015, 04:02 PM

Lou could you tell me where you picked up the EE hand guards and which ones are a direct fit.
Thanks
Old 07-30-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORSA View Post
Lou could you tell me where you picked up the EE hand guards and which ones are a direct fit.
Thanks
I got them at Matto's Cycle in Port Carbon, Pa. (570-429-0678 ... He ships daily) ... The stock GG bars have a slightly smaller hole for the "wedge fastener" than all other aluminum bars ...I heard of people drilling them slightly for the pieces to fit but I wanted different bars anyway.... The clamp for the inner end of the guard has the same taper as ProTapers...