Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Default E-Start Kit

Dave Fair of Gas Gas Pacific gave me a call today and told me that there is in fact a E-Start Kit for converting some of the bikes . The Factory is putting together a kit for doing it . I don't know how far back in model years one could go , but one would think to 07 when the frame and sub-frame changed , it does include a new sub-frame with a battery box. And , its pricey , $900 Canadian. I think I am in for one , what the hell , he ordered 8 kits today. Now that i have the Rekluse EXP , i cant bump start any more . At least that's the reason Im telling myself to justify it . Cause lets be honest , the bike doesn't need it. But it should , and i say should , be one way of getting DC power from the battery for HID lights , and I am riding every week now in the black , as well as weekend daytime rides. Sooo , there ya have it , it can be done for a price. He figures they will be here in about 6 weeks , maybe sooner , but 6 weeks to be safe

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve