Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-24-2014, 05:18 PM

Default GasGas riding gear

I like that GG is trying to grow and add exposure in the US.

In the future it would be nice to see good quality at an affordable price riding gear. I purchased a jersey back in November from my local GG dealer. I received it over a month later and am not to impressed with the quality. Super thin material, I guess it would be great for riding when it's 100 outside. let alone it was over $80 Comparing this to the new Husqvarna gear that is available, there is a big difference in price and quality. Also it would be nice to get USA sizing. Not sure why a XL is closer to a MED in size. Just a couple of things I would like to see happen to make GG even better.

OK rant is over.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:01 PM

Completely agree. I just dropped $400 on Klim gear but would have spent much of that on GasGas brand threads, if it were decent quality (maybe made by Fox, One, Fly, etc?). Looking forward to more positive GG changes in 2015!
Old 12-24-2014, 10:17 PM

too many people in that market... all that would happen is gasgas having 1000 jerseys and pants at the end of the year... better off to go buy your favorite gear and if you need GG on it go to the flee market and have a t shirt guy out it on there..
Old 12-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Banned

I have the enduro jacket, true to size and tough as nails. Same if not better quality as Klim?
Old 12-25-2014, 12:12 PM
Administrator

The older Hebo made GasGas Gear is top shelf stuff.... Can't comment on anything newer. I looked on hebo's website and it looks like they only do trials clothing/gear now.

Spaniards are typically smaller in stature than americans - much lower rate of obesity and lower average height. So sizes are different. so for the older hebo stuff I ordered an XL to get a large.

jeff
Old 12-26-2014, 09:30 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Clothing

The clothing gig is tough! To keep prices competitive with aftermarket brands, there is very little margin for the dealer to stock the stuff. Plus sizing is an issue, especially for the pit shirt items or casual wear, but the actual riding gear has been pretty close in sizing not to mention quite durable. The pants seem to hold up well with knee braces while the jacket is very nice quality..IMO.

The casual stuff to get them to change sizing for most of us "grande" americans is tough. Its a conversation that has been had many times over and yet for us to find a US company that can get the "same style" as the euro clothing hasn't been easy either.

I do know that GG has a new line up coming but will be mid 2015. In the meantime we have had sweatshirts made in the USA and are working on a few pit shirt designs as well. Look for them shortly.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:42 AM

Thanks for the reply that's fantastic news.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I have bought 3 new and 2 used Gasgas trials bikes in the last 24 months .And a bunch of gg trials gear that is excellent in quality . I have had a 2005 200de gg for 3 years and just set up a 2010 200 six days in the last 6 months and now I added a 2015 300e . So I will buy gear if it is quality stuff that says gg on it . I also picked up a sherco xride that we are taking out tomarrow , it is my loaner / learner bike that is a blast to ride ! So please get spain to export some clothing to the USA .
Old 12-27-2014, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
The older Hebo made GasGas Gear is top shelf stuff.... Can't comment on anything newer. I looked on hebo's website and it looks like they only do trials clothing/gear now.

Spaniards are typically smaller in stature than americans - much lower rate of obesity and lower average height. So sizes are different. so for the older hebo stuff I ordered an XL to get a large.

jeff
I've got a pair of the Hebo pants, excellent quality. Can't find a matching shirt though. I'd definitely buy more gear if Hebo were involved.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:39 PM

I have the 2011 pants,jersey and gloves. I have had this set for three years, It is great gear! I am about ready to buy another set. The 2011 jersey is vented which is great for Florida.

"If you stop eating donuts you will live 3 years longer. It's just 3 more years that you want a donut."
―Comedian Lewis Black

"I think best when I have a wrench in my hands." Soichiro Honda

"Dreams are messages from the deep."
-Unknown Sardaukar