Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 03-07-2011, 05:13 PM

Default lighting/horn question

Let me preface this by saying I'm a total nOOb when it comes to anything electrical.

I'm trying to put lights and a horn on my '08 ec300 so I can connect trails. I bought the bike used with no headlight, but it did have a connector for one. That connector was the only wiring in the front of the bike other than a handlebar kill switch and a stealth toggle kill switch.

I bought a Sicass headlight/horn switch, but there is no connector for it to plug into. Also, the instructions for the horn say to mount it by the coil, but I don't see any kind of connectors that the horn would plug into. I don't see a GG stamp on the horn, but it is stamped made in Spain and I bought it from a dealer.

SO, can I use the wiring from the existing headlight connector as power for the Sicass switch, and then run wires from the switch directly to the headlight and horn?

All help is appreciated.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:30 PM

You should be fine on the headlight. AC in, AC out to LO or HI depending on switch postion. Common terminal on the headlight bulb is grounded. This assumes your set up has a frame ground.

The horn might be tricky. It's likely you will need a rectifier (diode) in series. AC into the horn switch, AC out to the diode to the horn (halfwave). Horn body grounded if it's a single terminal type. If not, ground the second terminal.

You could try it first with AC to see if it makes any noise.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:29 AM

It worked as I envisioned: old headlight wires into the switch, switch to horn and headlight. I don't need no stinking wiring harness!

Now I have a street legal 2T, and it only added about 3 lbs.