Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Which footpegs are lower?

Searched but didnt turn up much.

I am tall and want to get a set of lower footpegs.

Anybody know of/have a list of which pegs are lower then OEM?

I realized that YZ/YZF pegs bolt right on but do are the OEM Yamaha pegs actually lower then the GG OEM?

Thanks

J
Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 AM

I know the Fastway F3's are lower I got some from Gofasters for my son 2010 GG300.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 AM

I have the Fastways on mine and I would say in the low position they are almost too low. They are about 3/4" lower than stock.

The stock GG pegs are actually the only pegs I have seen that sit higher than the tabs on the frame. I put my GG pegs on my KTM and they are almost 1/2" higher than the stock KTM pegs. I think this is one of the main reasons people think GG feels compact. The handlebars also do not mount as far forward on the GG as they do on the KTM.

I may try my Fastways in the upper position and see how that works, I am always worried about hitting my feet with them being so low.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:25 PM

One option is to use the stock GG pegs. Cut the "extention" tube off each peg, weld it onto the top instead of the bottom (where you just removed it from) and then swap the pegs side to side. This gives you a lower and slightly rearward position from stock. I got some Yamaha yzf pegs to try this on, but found the mount is central on those pegs, not offset as on the GG, so only a couple of mm difference could be obtained with the yzf pegs.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default footpegs

I agree with Barry.I"m 6-4 and modified the stock pegs.I tried fastway

pegs,found them abit too low,also broke 2 sets.Have"nt hurt the stockers yet.

dave
06-300
Old 02-01-2011, 04:11 PM

I was curious if anyone using Moose or IMS pegs in the normal setting could tell me how much lower they are vs. stock. I assume they would be a bit lower because of the way the stock pegs stick up so high compared to the way most pegs are made.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:11 AM

Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchatt View Post
One option is to use the stock GG pegs. Cut the "extention" tube off each peg, weld it onto the top instead of the bottom (where you just removed it from) and then swap the pegs side to side. This gives you a lower and slightly rearward position from stock. I got some Yamaha yzf pegs to try this on, but found the mount is central on those pegs, not offset as on the GG, so only a couple of mm difference could be obtained with the yzf pegs.
Cutting/re welding the extension tube makes sense

But why move the pegs to the opposite side? I went and looked at the bike but a side-to-side switch is not making sense (I am blonde)

J
Old 02-08-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by husley View Post
Cutting/re welding the extension tube makes sense

But why move the pegs to the opposite side? I went and looked at the bike but a side-to-side switch is not making sense (I am blonde)

J
It's the springs that get swapped side to side. The pegs stay where they are. Because the pin tube is being flipped to the underside of the peg the springs have to swap sides. A buddy of mine has done the lowered peg mod on his bike.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:55 PM

Default hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchatt View Post
Do I really need to weld the extension tube back on the top?

I am thinking if I did not weld it, I could 'play' with the length a bit and then shim the peg up/down intothe most comfortable spot?
Old 02-11-2011, 04:00 PM

You would need the full length of the tube for the spring to fit. It's either stock or lowboy position.