Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 05-23-2007, 10:47 AM

Mine doesn't run flat either, at all, but does run a little fat. When I ride my friends 03 KTM 450EXC it feels so much more responsive thru out the rev.

So I hate to say it, but I never heard of the Sherco until now and it looks like a really cool bike. I'm still new to the euro toys. I'll look to see if there is a Sherco dealer close to L.I. Thanks for the tip.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:54 AM

Flat was a typo.....fat is not even in the vocabulary to describe this bike.....one of the reasons I chose fuel injection. I think the fuel metering is spot-on!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:46 AM

So now you got me confused. Your bike is "fat" as in very cool or "fat" as in how it's running. The only thing I can think of as to why my, our, bikes run fat is it's got to have something to do with the mapping. After all it is EFI which has many different fuel ranges to mess with. So being off just a little can make this happen.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:54 AM

Thumbs up Efi Fse 450

How ya going guys have heard, don't know if it's gospel or not but the EFI set up magneti marelli is a Ducati set up so i was told if your short on GAS GAS shops or fitters [mechanics] hunt down some one that does Ducati's.Hope this helps guys it's worth a try.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:53 AM

Thanks, I will look into that. I do have a local ducati dealer and I hope he's willing to check out my bike.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:42 PM

Rappa. Any word from the local Ducati dealer as far as remapping your FSE? Have U checked to make sure U don't have one of the FSE's with the throttle stop like bergerhag had and remedied?
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 07-31-2007, 07:27 AM

Well, that would be the lazy part of myself to not go to the local Ducati dealer yet and see if he could remap my FSE. I guess it must not bother me that much to pursue this. This problem only happens when I really get on the throttle hard, like when i'm racing it. My riding style is more relaxed in the trail so it hasn't been a bother to me. One day I will get down there. And yes, that was one of the first things I did was check to see if I had that throttle stop and I do not. This website has been very informative for me with a bike that not many people have. I wish more people did have these bike's for they are awesome. So thanks for your curiousity on if I did this or not and when I do, I will post my results. For know I am just enjoying the ride. Later.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:38 PM

Thumbs up

I have the '05 FSE and love it. I too wish other rider's could share in the joy of riding these great enduros. Keep us posted.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 08-07-2007, 12:00 AM

Rappa, when you get your bike to someone with the software, let him set the trim to something between 35 and 45. This gives the bike almost unbelievable bottom end grunt for a 450. I find the best style of riding my bike is to "short shift" before the end of the rev range and let the torque stretch your arms! Good luck with it getting set up like you want it.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:21 AM

Your bike could be a bit lean on the mixture.
It should be at 4% at the header pipe or 2.5% if it is taken at the rear of the mufler.If you find a dealer who has the VDSTS they should be able to adjust it. The readings that Eugene is talking about has nothing to do on what the C/O is it is only a referance and no two bikes are the same, by going up in the numbers will make it richer but you dont no how much or it could be to rich already, that is why you need to have a C/o meter.The other thing it could be is the coil (plug cap), and if you havent got a good tester the best thing is to swop it with a good one and try it.
You can get a race ECU from Gas Gas that will make it rev a lot harder but they cost a lot. The other thing you could try is getting onto Tecnoresearch and they may be able to help with re maping the ECU. I dont know if the will but its worth a try.One other thing if it is an early 450 check the fuel pump relay, sometime they vibrate and cause a miss.try swoping it with the fan relay.