Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:30 PM

Default ASV levers for AJP master cylinder?

Does anyone know if ASV do their unbreakable range of clutch levers for the Gasser AJP clutch master cylinders? I have a brand new set of the C5's i bought for a CRF and i can use the brake no problem, but not sure if i can get a clutch one.

Ta

Old 12-18-2007, 06:02 PM

Comon guys i am sure someone has trying to find this out
Old 12-18-2007, 06:59 PM

Dunno mate, but you can get a shorty lever from your dealer.

"It's Nature that Brings out the Madness"
GasGas FSR450 07'
Old 12-18-2007, 08:11 PM

No, not for the AJP master. Handguards and teflon tape under the master cyl clamp have worked for years.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:56 PM

First of all, excuse me for my english... I don't practice much...

I don't know about the ASV, but I've tried to fit a Sunline ARC unbreakable lever for KTM that works the same way as ASV, but I didn't succed becouse I ended up braking the lever by modifiing it too much.

I found two problems that can easily be solved... but it was too late when I realized.

The fisrt one is that the tiny cilindrical piece in the lever that pushes in the master is in a diferent height (lower in the GG) but that can be easily modified.

The second problem is more dificult for me to explain... I'll put a picture of a friend that has done it the easy way. You have to modify the AJP master by polishing the ends that hold the lever so they won't touch with the lever where it gets thicker (the joint)... i didn't want to modify the Master but the lever and I dumped $60...

I dont like the way the 1st problem is solved in the picture... with a shorter piece that pushes the master, there is no need to getting rid of the dust cap of the master

About the second problem, maybe other unbrekable levers may have more lenght between the whole for the screw that fixes it to the master, and the joint of the flexible part of the lever... if you finde the brand or mdel... please let me know... I hate having people to wait me while changing the lever... unfortunately I fall to often

Hope I explained clearly enough... but if I haven't... let me know... I'll try to put more pictures and explanations