Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:18 AM

Default Check electrics without engine running?

'06 EC300 Euro model with full lights. Kick start, no battery.
I took the turn signals off when I got the bike new and over time the wiring behind the headlight has deteriorated from mud and vibration. I'm re-installing the lights and re-soldered a bunch of the connections to make the bike more 'road worthy' and I'd like to function check everything.
Is there a way to power up the system with a battery without running the engine? It's currently disassembled to the point that I can't run it.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:54 PM

Your stator white wire is probably disconnected, so all you need to unhook is the yellow wire from the stator. Insert your 12V + into the harness there and ground the battery minus to the frame.

Keep in mind that your kickstart bike operates on regulated AC voltage. I think you will be OK connecting DC in it's place for testing. The turn signals may not function correctly on DC. Your regular lighting doesn't care if it receives AC or DC current.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:43 PM

Thanks.
I can't get the speedometer to power up and I've misplaced the flasher unit. I think I'll have to pull the speedometer apart as the wires are awfully short and damaged. The unit might even be dead.
Bikes all together now, the highbeam light indicator on the speedometer lights up properly but nothing else.
I guess the next step is to get it powered up and find a replacement flasher.
Anyone ever pull one of these units apart?