Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 11-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Disregard what I posted above. That circlip stops the adjustment at max preload.

The actual ene piece is locked into the body by a circlip though (larger one). I'll try dig up some pics.

No issue running zero preload, but don't force it beyong firm. Don't use a 1/2" drive to crank on it

Old 11-24-2014, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

From here - http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...=11075&page=23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
Here's a pic of the PFP/compression unit dismantled:

Did not dismantled the PFP piston, didn't appeal to my curiosity :-)

Picture of the PFP adjuster that also holds the small steel ball and spring that are responsible for the compression clicks. As you can see they are full of grease and I could barely hear/feel the clicks. I cleaned everything and applied a good quantity of Motorex's Joker and the result was quite good, clicks are now evident

As above. Delicate threads. VERY!
Old 11-24-2014, 07:33 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default once again..

Thanks jake!
Old 12-01-2014, 06:04 PM

Default Marzocchi pfp problem

Here is a photo of the parts that need to be replaced ( circled in red). Sounds like it's gonna be expensive..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (117.6 KB, 90 views)
Old 12-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Do you have any more detailed shots? Has the cap and adjuster body both been damaged badly? It appears the washer is quite distored. No chance of cleaning it up and replacing the washer? I don't think you'll have a lot of luck sourcing individual parts, and won't want to know what they cost.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphoto View Post
Here is a photo of the parts that need to be replaced ( circled in red). Sounds like it's gonna be expensive..
I'll look into it and post some info.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 03-26-2017, 12:55 PM

Son of a .... same problem happened to me a month ago at 175 hrs, so I broke down the forks for a re spring, service, and to fix this problem on the left fork.

Got it all apart and noticed the circlip that holds the pfp adjuster was out of its groove and just floating around in there. Got it back in place and tried stressing the part to get it to come loose. All seemed well.

Fast forward 3 rides and the damn thing popped again. However I don't remember seeing that washer that maybe goes directly beneath the circlip? I'll have to break it down again and check it out. Thanks for posting detailed pics everyone. Finding a thread like this is gold!!

First pic is with it popped

Second is how it should look
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2048.jpg (112.9 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2049.jpg (108.3 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-27-2017, 01:46 PM

It may not be applicable, but snap rings have a "sharp" side and a "smooth" side. It is beneficial to have the sharp side outward so the snap ring grips and is less likely to pop out. This is more important if the groove depth is shallow.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:55 PM

Thanks Neil! I'll double check that, as I had no idea some are like that, but it makes complete sense!
Old 09-10-2017, 03:19 PM

What is the process to remove the adjuster/spring and floating piston assembly?

This issue has happened to me twice in the last 2-3 years, both on the same fork. First time, the side of the groove for the snap ring broke away, allowing the adjuster to pop out of the top of the fork like in the OP's pics.
Because this is sold as an assembly and is quite $$$$$, we(myself and the service shop) repaired it by welding the snap ring groove and remachining it.

It has now broke again. I now have some replacement parts to fix the PFP, but am wondering at how much of a process it is to remove the adjuster/spring/floating piston assembly??
Does the whole fork have to come apart to facilitate removal, or can the PFP assembly be removed just by unscrewing it from the top of the fork?
The manual doesn't seem real clear on this to my eyes, as it only covers oil/seal/bushing replacement and a few other items.....