Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 01-04-2016, 07:45 AM

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that the beta has a wider ratio tranny, which works well with the 300. Also, from what I've noticed, a lot of riders that switch to a beta, never go back to a gasser. I love my GG, but I'm scared to throw a leg over the betas cause I have a feeling that the GG would be for sale then.

Old 01-04-2016, 02:33 PM

So we all claim to love our bikes but we're looking at newer ones. Why? Is there a feature or something we want or need? What is the GG lacking. Its like my parents. They said they weren't going to buy a car, but they went shopping for one and low and behold they bought a new car.

I really like my '99. I don't race I do have fun. Its got plenty of power. More than I need or can handle if I'm honest. I don't know the exact weight. I'll get that soon. We weight all our bikes on the same scale so we remain accurate with our bragging rights.

I honestly don't think for me I would have more fun than I'm having on my current bike.

The only thing I can see needing in the future is electric start. I'm 43 and have a partial right knee replacement. So electric start is in my future at some point. So I'll be taking a serious look at the 2017 gassers. Even the beta. KTM is no-go for me. But I can honestly say just being on my bike for 6 weeks or so and being a part of this community. I really like it and I feel fortunate to be a part of it. A couple pound weight difference in a bike I'm not even going to notice. Hell there's probably 10lbs of mud on my bike from Saturday's ride.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 01-04-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd View Post
So we all claim to love our bikes but we're looking at newer ones. Why? Is there a feature or something we want or need? What is the GG lacking. Its like my parents. They said they weren't going to buy a car, but they went shopping for one and low and behold they bought a new car.

I really like my '99. I don't race I do have fun. Its got plenty of power. More than I need or can handle if I'm honest. I don't know the exact weight. I'll get that soon. We weight all our bikes on the same scale so we remain accurate with our bragging rights.

I honestly don't think for me I would have more fun than I'm having on my current bike.

The only thing I can see needing in the future is electric start. I'm 43 and have a partial right knee replacement. So electric start is in my future at some point. So I'll be taking a serious look at the 2017 gassers. Even the beta. KTM is no-go for me. But I can honestly say just being on my bike for 6 weeks or so and being a part of this community. I really like it and I feel fortunate to be a part of it. A couple pound weight difference in a bike I'm not even going to notice. Hell there's probably 10lbs of mud on my bike from Saturday's ride.

You say all this until you ride a new one! A 1999 F-150 will do the job but wouldn't it be nice to drive a 2015?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
You say all this until you ride a new one! A 1999 F-150 will do the job but wouldn't it be nice to drive a 2015?

Haha i have a 1993 suburban with 240k on it as a tow rig.

Yeah it would be nice but not necessary. At least for me.

1 in college and 2 more soon to be. No extra play money.

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 01-04-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Haha i have a 1993 suburban with 240k on it as a tow rig.

Yeah it would be nice but not necessary. At least for me.

1 in college and 2 more soon to be. No extra play money.

I hear ya. I have 3 young ones. I dread the day I have to start sending them to college. I have twins so I will have to pay 2x all at once!

Old 01-04-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:

Features u ask? How about that wide ratio tranny? Street legal out of the crate? Buttery smooth electric start? Lower seat height? Etc...
Old 01-04-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence R View Post
Features u ask? How about that wide ratio tranny? Street legal out of the crate? Buttery smooth electric start? Lower seat height? Etc...
My friends new Beta 300 race is lowered 3/4 inch but still as tall as my 2011 gasser which has tall seat foam.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I am lucky to have a great dealer nearby in Matto Cycle That is a dealbreaker . We could drive another hour and be at South Mountain Cycle another good dealer with Beta and Sherco . I will see what comes out of the factory in 2017 since that is the soonest Barbara will let me get something else . I like the Sherco 450 but it needs a year or so to work out the bugs on it . That brings us into 2017 and what will Gasgas have to offer then ? South Mountain offers free demos at Boom Booms riding area that I will take them up on this year . But with the purchase of that hardly used 2014 200 Gasser I will wait till 2017 to update to a new bike .
Old 01-04-2016, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser View Post
My friends new Beta 300 race is lowered 3/4 inch but still as tall as my 2011 gasser which has tall seat foam.
2011 and older gasser have the smaller frame design. To be fair, the topic is regarding the 2015 gasser to the 15/16 betas.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:39 PM

Go for the Gasser!

I have recently driven 300 -15 Beta and 250 and 300 -16 Betas.
All in different setups with frame and suspension.

Didn't like none of them. Its something with the geometry.... feels like front tire is far away and those are hard to steer...

You have to drive them alot before buying.

If I ever sell my Gasser I am going for another TM or maybe Sherco.