Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

View Poll Results: Do you run a auto clutch on your Gas Gas?
Yes! I would be lost with out it. 60 30.61%
No! Those things are for guys with poor clutch control. 77 39.29%
Thinking about installing one. 59 30.10%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2010, 04:23 AM

I don't need a auto clutch but like them....but I am over 50......I like the EXP CORE better than the Pro becuase it doesn't slip(almost none), at least mine didn't. feels like real clutch until you goof, saved me in a race when I was temporarily away from the bike somehow we got separarted and when I went back... bike still running laying on its side....get on and go...those few seconds saved my finish.

my first post at GG ......thinking really hard about straying from the orange koolaid

Old 12-26-2010, 12:46 AM

I had a rekluse in my Kawi klx450r, It worked wonderfully-but that bike is for sale so my husband has the rekluse in his 450 now(and loves it)Neither of us has a problem with clutch control.I have a XC300 on order and will probably put a Rekluse in it-it is not so much the "auto" part we use it for as the anti-stall.I find that even with the Rekluse i use the clutch lever to shift.

"No one expects the spanish inquisition"
2011 GG xc300
GG TXT 321 trials
Guzzi V7
Old 12-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I wasn't a believer ' til I got one. For me (and I usually don't talk about the clutch, or admit I have it) it's less about the clutch mn and more about the left hand rear brake. The LHRB is the shiz. My whole riding technique has changed. Combine that with a trails tire, and I'm having lots of fun!
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 12-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I'm with roostafish. The auto clutch is nice but to get the full benefit of the clutch you need to install the LHRB.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:57 PM

I have had a few rides now with an EXP. The only dislike is that you have to pull the clutch in a long way to slip it manually. Might have to run a short lever to be able to slip it without squashing my other fingers.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:59 PM

I don't have an auto-clutch, but I'm planning on getting one (a Dyna Ring). I initially started looking into them only because I have some tendinitis issues with my left forearm, but as I researched them I realized "hey, I want one of these regardless." It's no more "cheating" than having disk brakes, e-start, or good suspension. In fact, one of the things that made me turn my attention to GasGas in the first place is because there isn't (quite yet) a Dyna Ring fitment for my Husqvarna TE310. Last I heard he was really close, but still working out some issues with the reservoir adjuster. Not that it matters, since I'll be putting a DR in an EC300 and selling the TE. (Note: I think the TE is the best 4-stroke woods bike ever, but I want to try a GG.)
Old 02-27-2011, 09:23 PM

Anyone here running the Dana Ring? Sure would like any feed back you have to offer.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:21 AM

My Core Exp is out of my bike now.

It worked ok in singletrack and most technical stuff and in anything flowing stuff you just forgot about it.

The place where I struggled (even once I got the clutch lever set perfectly) was not being able to get over logs with a good jab-zap type technique.

The other more major problem is hillclimbing. It is hard to slip the clutch when almost at a stop on steep ground to drive off smoothly on a 2 stroke. I have had an early Rekluse on a KTM525 and this was not so much of a problem as it has more torque down low to roll the motor on more slowly.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:03 PM

I used the EFM for a few years and would never ride another enduro without it!

I am looking at the dyna ring for my new '10 300.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:31 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailridernut View Post
I used the EFM for a few years and would never ride another enduro without it!

I am looking at the dyna ring for my new '10 300.
if you do the DR on your 10, make sure and call alan direct at revloc.. there are some install challenges he has worked out.