Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 09-26-2008, 07:44 AM

Default 18th Annual SMOG-East Trail Ride

The 18th annual SMOG (Spanish Motorcycle Owners Group) East Trail Ride is taking place Saturday October 4th in Ravena (Coeymans Hollow), NY. You do not need to be a SMOG, AMA or member of any other organization to attend. The only requirement is you must ride a Spanish motorcycle. Typically you'll see lots of vintage Bultacos, Montessas and Ossas, but you also sopt a few modern Gas Gas, Montessa and Sherco bikes as well.

Everyone usually meets up at the Ravena Diner - 11 Madison Ave. (Route 9W) Ravena, NY 12143 - between 8:00 and 9:00 then caravans over to Flach's Farm. You can also try calling Ken @ SMOG HQ, 518-279-4292. The event starts with a short riders meeting and a group photo around 10:00.

Here's some photos taken by a professional photographer at the 2007 SMOG-East Trail Ride.

I also took some photos last year and posted them in a blog.

At the 2004 SMOG Ride my friend Mike brought his helmetcam and followed me around as I rode my Bultaco. Sorry for the poor quality of this video. It was copied over from VHS format.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:08 PM

Cool

Great post and thank you for sharing your blog. Very well done !
Old 09-27-2008, 02:18 PM

Sad to say I won't be able to make it. Had a setback, my clavicle re-fractured about two weeks after the plate was removed, so I'm screwed for the year and probably ski season too. I can still ride my Hypermotard, and if I don't go to Ridge Run to pit for my brother and nephew perhaps I'll head up with a camera.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:14 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Sorry to hear that Glenn. I hope things start going your way soon.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:35 AM

Thanks, it been a nighmare. All was good for awhile, back to full workout level, riding easy with my kids. Doc got paranoid about the infection (that was from a piece of suture) and had cleared up, pulled the hardware early, and it snapped like a stick a week later from normal activity.

Anyway, if the weather is good, I may head up for the day, and then ride to Hancock.

You guys in reasonable distance should go, Flachs is a fun ride.