Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 03-17-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
I don't know how to ride the big sandy berms. I kept knifing the front end and crashing in the silliest places
you can thank your new england rock suspension for that one brian,mine was doing the exact same thing,I came up to a big sandy sweeping right hander on one of the fire roads and high sided and proceeded to yardsale it!bike stayed running though and I got back on very quickly,I was bottoming out everywhere,even some of the easy whoops thanks to carrying so much speed without any fear of rocks,mark was wondering how I could have been riding at that pace with griff with such soft suspension,he put his 125 MX suspension on his 200!

Old 03-18-2008, 07:46 AM

Thats whats tough for us, because we have both rock runs just like yours and sand runs in the same series. I think its worse riding rocks with stiff sand suspension. I stiffened mine up a bit and it was decent though, although I still used all of it in the bigger whoops. Tagged a couple trees pretty good but kept it up, just slower in the last section. I like the tight stuff as its the great equilizer, and where the quick steering GasGas really works well. Sucks in summer heat/humidity down there though, thats why there are no sand runs in mid summer. That terrain gets hammered fast, and at #79 it was really beat up. The trick with sandy turns is get on the power early and not as much weight foward as usual, especially with a soft fork. I took a class with Rich Lafferty down there a few years back and it helped a lot.

Actually the tighter sections at Sandy Lane are not that bad. If you really want some serious tight tree practice, do the Greenbriar. Sub bar width sections for at least 10+ miles. Tortureous.

I think I'm getting studs and riding some next winter, so I don't come out cold and get my butt kicked as bad. I'll be Super Senior in Sept. so I'm interested in seeing those scores.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:02 AM

From the ECEA site.

Results, read it and weep.

http://www.ecea.org/forums/index.php...e=post&id=1802

Really tight scoring and a lot of entries. No room for mistakes or problems. Apparently they did not throw out check #5.

Also a cool helmet cam video from the section after the gas.

http://www.tafsmedia.com/video/2008/08slhcam2.html
Old 03-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
From the ECEA site.

Results, read it and weep.

http://www.ecea.org/forums/index.php...e=post&id=1802

Really tight scoring and a lot of entries. No room for mistakes or problems. Apparently they did not throw out check #5.

Also a cool helmet cam video from the section after the gas.

http://www.tafsmedia.com/video/2008/08slhcam2.html
That's great. I love all the trees with marks from barkbusters.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff View Post
That's great. I love all the trees with marks from barkbusters.
In most years (with "ignorant" tight sections) they wouldn't even need arrows. Just ride between the bark marks.
There seemed to be a lot of cameras out there Sunday.
Any more pics/vids out there ? I've been searching all week and only found a few pics on ADVrider and this one vid of a fast section: http://media.putfile.com/SAndy-LAne-Enduro-08
I guess EventPhotoNow wasn't there this year ? Cool home page they have, though.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:30 AM

Dave Blodgett, the guy who does the helmet cams, will soon post a lot of clips his wife took on ECEA. He does a good job, usually even organizes by range of rider #s.