Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 12-08-2010, 08:04 PM

I've done it all from dust to a foot on knobbies and more than a couple inches sucks as you just fight the bike, but I don't have to tell you that, if it didn't you wouldn't have spent big coin on spikes! Eight inches already? Holy crap that answers my question.

As for tires, you can get two different length spikes from Kevin's. A long spike for deep snow and a shorter spike for mixed surface conditions that is less likely to get torn up. I'll have to do some more research. I have also heard that the Czech Trellborgs are not as durable as the original Swedes, but I have had excellent results with other tires from the Mitas factory.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:59 PM

Arrow reply

the trellie/mitas are not that bad! i have noticed that they "hook faster" but still never let go on the rear! the fronts however like to spit em out,,especially in the rocks! i have tried the cheng shin and they do work but only about half the performance of the trelleborgs,,,we all know getting past is like crashin,,just sux! another note worth mentioning is spikes become difficult with any more then 12-14 inches of snow! 18 inches of snow and your gettin a work out,,not to mention testing your temper fuse,,,,but then again not even a quad is good in 18 inches of snow! unless the path is already beatin in! well i know the snow is going to keep alot of folks away,,butt if you can give me some more info about a gas gas meeting place or have someone contact me and we can get that ball rolling on trying to get a meeting spot for the north east! ttys
Old 12-10-2010, 10:15 PM

After Christmas I think I'm going to get a set of the shorter spike IRCs from Kevin's. Seems like the ticket for around here, where the snow even if a good dump doesn't last real long. You end up with old crusty snow, ice, and rocks poking out. Those tires are supposed to work great in that stuff, and up to eight inches of snow. If it snows much more than that I'll be on my skis in NY or VT anyway!

As far as a group ride, the place to start is here. Get a rough idea from Art if it would be OK and I'll start a new thread. We will try to narrow down a date window that will not overlap any races on the ECEA and NETRA schedules.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:16 PM

Default overview

had a lot on my plate being the only gasser up there fightin a sea of orange,,,did have a nice ride w/ ben smith and everything went off without any injuries! art was a lil busy so i will call him after the holidays and keep you posted! enjoy your holidays and have a happy new year!!